cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Stats with Force Option - DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis Gurus,

How to run UPDATE STATS (Using DB13) with FORCE option and the same command should not run for POOL & CLUSTER tables?

Is this command ( Brconnect –u / -c –f stats –t all –f collect ) will resolve the above issue?

Paramter (stats_dbms_stats) is set in init<sid>.sap file.

Quick Feedback will be appriciated.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you mind to indicate your database and BRconnect version?

Would you mind to indicate <b>why</b> do you eant to calculate statistics on those tables?

If you are in 9i it is normal that pool and cluster tables do not have statistics, they are suposed not ot have them.

The mentioned command will NOT collect statistics on pool and cluster tables but it will do it on ALL +25000 SAP tables. I'm not sure that you want to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Oracle 9.2 & BRConnect Version is 6.40.

This is my client requirement to run the update stats for all table with force option and at the same time it should not run for POOL and CLUSTER tables.

Please confirm at your end.

Thanks,

Ramesh

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think it is easy to confirm

- it is on the manual ( the manual is available on the internet at help.sap.com )

sooooo

a little search on it and you can find:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/81e93a637bfd70e10000000a11402f/content.htm">Internal Rules for Update Statistics</a>:

<quote>

If the working set contains pool, cluster or other tables that have the

ACTIVE flag in the DBSTATC table set to N or R, BRCONNECT immediately deletes the statistics for these tables, because they negatively affect database performance.

<quote>

and here you can find some examples.

For more info, check the manual, it is online