cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Stock Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are in SCM 4.0 and currently we are facing an issue in safety stock calculation.

We run a macro to calculate the safety stock. The safety stock for a particular bucket is calculated by the sum of total demand of next consecutive 4 buckets. The problem is that the macro works fine if we select a single product-location combination but when we select a product at multiple locations combination (aggregated level) the macro doesnt work. The value is not displayed in the planning book. However, we could see the total demand value for that particular bucket.

Hope I am clear and please help me on this.

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first tell me ur in SNP or DP?

Why dont u use std safety stock method available in SNP?

About macro ,whether this macro in default?

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we are using this in SNP and the macro is a default macro.

Thanks

Sai

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if you are "showing" Location-Product or just the Product in your selection ? If the product is defined in multiple locations, I would recommend to show "Location-Product" based on selection criteria of Location and Product characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for the reply. We have shown location-product in the selection

Thanks

Sai

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to select all the Product Locations and have a header in the table for Locations. Does the macro work when you have Details All in Location header?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Yes, the macro works when we have the Details All in the location header but the 'Total' field is empty

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your response.

I work with Sai. Coming to your question, yes the macro works for detail levels, for example when I click "details all" for locations, I could see correct values at each location, but we don't have values in the "Total". The individual values are not summing up.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try one thing, in the Safety Stock Macro ( typically it is part of Target Stock Level macro) - change the Level of Macro to All planning Objects instead of "Detls Only". This should be under "Settings fore Execution" section of macro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

We already did it, still the same issue persists.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess since Safety Stock planning is not a linear function, then it may not have been designed to work in both the levels simultaneously. The reason is that since Safety Stock key figure is a time series key figure, it cannot hold values that dont add up correctly. Consider this, if safety stock level at detail level is say 10 and 100, the safety stock level calculated for aggregated demand and aggregated receipts may not be 110. It is simply a non-linear function.

Try one more thing of defining a planning book key figure instead of using the SAP standard time series safety stock keyfigure. It is worth a try, if you want to see values at both the levels.

Else I would look forward to the forum to provide a better answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Right now we are not using standard key figure "9ASAFETY", but we are using a auxialiary key figure "SAFTY", for safety stock calculation purpose.

Thanks for all your responses, please let us know if something strikes your mind.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in planning book 9ASNP94_INTERAKT.

Regards,

Chava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chava,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate more on this?

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All,

I was trying to use the SUM_CALC() functiion and here is the code:

>>> Safety Stock:(29 iterations: 10/01/2007;09/01/2008)

>>> Row: Safety Stock(from 10/01/2007)=

>>> SUM_CALC(

>>> Row: Safety Stock (Frm 10/01/2007)

>>> )

When I run this macro the values are not populated at the aggregate level istead its showing some weird results at the details level

Could anyone suggest any corrections in the code?

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Safety_calc calculates the safety stock

for the aggregated level it will zero out. your having values at detailed level and doing a sum_cal will not help since the Key figure attributes will not let you populate the aggregated level

what you can do is us a another key figure and use a macro copy to copy from 9ASAFETY at a detailed level. Then you can probably do the sum_cal there.

Ideally you should be using aggregated plannign for this situation. Also search in help for Aggregated Safety Stock planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thanks for your reply. We are not using the Standard "9ASAFETY" keyfigure in our macro, instead we are using an auxilary keyfigure for safety stock calculation purpose.

As suggested, I am looking into Aggregated Safety Stock Planning,however, please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

the macro looks at masterdata and will not find any for the aggregate level and hence will leave it blank.

try copying from value calculated by macro in 9ASAFETY into auxillary instead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

We have created a TS keyfigure and copied the values of '9ASAFETY' into it and executed the SUM_CALC macro, however, there is no change in the output.(It does not show up at the aggregated level)

Could you please suggest us what needs to be maintained in the Aggregated Planning?

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a quick question:

Do we need to maintain the data at Location-Product Group level to go for Aggregated Safety Stock Planning?

Let me explain my case:

We have the following selections at Location-Product level:

Sel1: Prod1 at Loc1

Sel2: Prod1 at Loc2

Sel3: Prod1 at Loc3

When I make either of these selections individully in the Planning book the safety stock macro works fine but if I make any of these two selections or all the three selections at a time, then the values does not show up at the Total but I can see the values at 'Details' level if I select Location at the Header Information.

We are thinking of Aggregated Safety Stock Planning and We do not mainatain the data at Group level. Can we still go for Aggregated Safety Stock Planning?

Could anyone give me some suggestions on this?

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ans??