cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow assignment table dependent ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done two assignment in say Main Table and Lookup table(Table-1)

Objective is to trigger first assignment based on Table-1

Once this is complete bring this new number created in Table-1 to a main table field thru Assignment-2

This two assignments are working fine independently.

Challenge is to automate both of them in correct sequence thru Workflow.

In first workflow not able to launch the second workflow thru(STOP , launch property).

Is this because first work flow is based on Table-1 and second workflow is based on Main table ?

Appreciate your valued input

-reo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

Yes,Any workflow is assigned against some selected records.

If you are running the lookup assignment that is done by assigning a workflow for the lookup table record. At the end the second workflow cannont be triggerd for this selected record as its depends on the Maintable fields.

But if you run the first agginment it will reflect in the maintable as well.

Say u assign a value change for a display field in the lookup table.

This will reflect back on the maintable records for which the lookup details are all ready selected..

Get back for help,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks vijay for the reply.

My issue is not with lookup value assignment.

I have one assignment in a lookup table which increment an Integer field (nn=nn+1) and the fld is not linked to the main table.

Second assignment is for Main table where a maintable field xxx is assigned the new value 'nn' arrived in the previous assignment.

My challenge is I am using a workflow with assignment-1 and at its 'stop' launch option trying to assign the second workflow with assignment-2 so as to get my desired result.Not able to do this may be the workflows are based on different tables.

-reo