cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Company Charge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone know if standard SRM allows a user from one company code to create a shopping cart and charge it to another company code? Is this controlled through the org structure attributes or does it involve the use of BAdIs as well?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did not get your question clearly.

Do you want to create SC for cross company codes? What is your business scenario.

For cross company purchasing, maintain multiple Compny codes with attribute BUK for the user in the org structure. Then in the SC you can select the company code you want.

Charging to different company codes is something not logical to any business.

You cannot select the CC from other company code as they are tied up to each other in FI and you will get an error.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do that, you may get a few error messages and can change them to warnings while posting the invoice in SRM.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to make cross company purchases by standard.

Simply make sure that the user in question has the correct attributes within the PPOMA, where you assign the company code. Also make sure that the correct purchasing org and purchasing groups are assigned to the user, and finally you have to make sure that the location (plant) is assigned to the user's unit.

Then when shopping you would probably have to make a few more clicks to switch through the company codes selectable, but basically all of these attributes are handled by the org structure.

DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Our business scenario is classic. I understand the user will not be able to select the CC from another company code. I think what the business will do is to create a generic CC for each company code and they'll handle the cross charging in R/3. All they want to be able to do in SRM is to create a SC cross charging another company code.

Thank you.

SN