cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Labels in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to create shipping labels on regular Letter page on regular printer. They should be two per page. I have never worked on Smartforms. I want to do this one in smartforms. But, I read that the labels should be created in SAPscript. Forms are not a good choice for that. I am not sure if it applies to my case b/c I am not using any label printer for this.

Please let me know your thoughts .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is my method for barcodes on regular printers. worked just about every time for me and for others i've recommended it to.

1. go to SE73.

2. choose SYSTEM BAR CODES radio button and then press CHANGE.

3. in the following screen press CREATE. a popup screen will show.

4. you can choose either OLD or NEW barcode technology. I'll go with NEW.

5. name your barcode. I usually choose Z + customer's company name, for marketing reasons. continue.

6. choose the symbology. This information should be provided from the person handling the barcode machine itself. We'll go with the popular code 128 for this example. continue.

7. barcode alignment - choose the one that fits your form best. continue.

8. barcode parameters - again, choose the one that fits your form best. continue.

9. save the barcode.

moving on to SMARTFORMS transaction.

go into the smartform style you're using, or create a new one.

1. create a new character format. I usually name it BC for barcode

2. on the second box (barcode) of the first tab (standard settings), you can now choose the barcode you created.

3. save and exit.

and that's about it. from now on, when choosing the style with the barcode in it, you have the option to applying your barcode font to a text the same way you apply any other font.

Hope this helps. There are other ways probably, but this one works for certain. The only problem I had with it, was when using hebrew fonts and barcode together on a zebra printer from the early nineties. also, the barcodes created were tested with different codings on a variety of barcode guns used from a variety of ranges and they all worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this

To create labels in SAPSCRIPT, you will have to define multiple MAIN WINDOWS in the Page Window.. try the following steps..

Main windows in page windows allow you to format text in multiple columns. Define an area in the page window, in which to position the main windows.

1. Create a page window and assign it to a page.

2. Choose Edit --> Main windows.

A dialog box appears.

3. Enter values in the fields Area width and Area height in accordance with the input guidelines for main windows.

4. Enter values in the fields Spacing and Number in the Horizontal group if you want to use multiple columns. You can ignore the fields in the Vertical group.

5. Determine how many columns and line areas are required for label printing. Then enter the corresponding values in the fields in the Horizontal and Vertical groups.

Also Check these links.

see below link, it will help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw30b/helpdata/en/83/5430610c4e11d399bd0000e83dd9fc/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0b03c2f-886a-2910-1e8d-9c36bee5...

For SAP partners only there's a forum where you can discuss implementation questions etc.:

...and here's the SAP Business One Forum in the "SAP Community" (public to anybody):

Regards

Anji