cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saprouter firewall setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

I am trying to setup connection between the <b>SAP app servers in network1</b> and an <b>saprouter in network2</b> and both of these networks have their own independent firewalls.

I need to request these 2 firewall teams to open up ports on the saprouter and the sap app servers so that the app servers in network1 can access "sapserv#" via the saprouter in network2 and also allow SAP to access the app servers in network1 via telnet if need be. Along with ports 3299 (saprouter) and 23 (telnet) I would like to know what other ports need to be opened to accomplish this.

Thanks

Vic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vic,

yes you need to request 3299 port from sap to saprouter and 32<system number> from saprouter to sap.

Other port if your have HTTP or telnet than its only from saprouter to sap only.

Hope this help.

Fendi Suyanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fendi

The connection between SAP and the saprouter in Network 2 (as explained above) already exists since this is a separate SAP landsacpe in network 2 and the servers there are already able to communicate to SAP thorugh the saprouter.

I am trying to have the SAP servers in Network1 (which is on a seperate landscape) talk to the saprouter in Network 2. So I would like to know what are the ports that I have to open internally to establish this communication.

Regards

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From saprouter to each sap Server in network 1

1. 32<Instance no> (GUI)

2. 3389 ( Windows Terminal server )

3. 23 ( Telnet Port)

3. 80<Instance No> ( HTTP Connection)

Based on the Requirement open the corresponding Ports.

From all Servers in Network1 to saprouter

1. 3299

Award Points if helpful.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vic,

If you talking about SAP port than its no different between network1 or network2

because port was control from application not from the network you have.

So in your case you need to open the port for network1 base on your sap system number (32+sysnr and 3299 for saprouter)

But if you ask how the network can be talk each other, than its network issue not saprouter.

Regards,

Fendi Suyanto