cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport to development

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question on transport configuration to support our ECC upgrade. Today we have created a sandbox system and we have upgraded it from 4.6C to ECC 6. We will be doing most of our testing and reapplying our modifications to this sandbox system over the next 1-2 months. Then we will begin the upgrade of our normal 3 system landscape DEV->TST->PRD. What is the best method to setup up the transport configuration to move the transports created in the sandbox system to the development system once we have upgraded it to ECC 6.0? Thank you in advance for any recommendations you can provide.

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Russ - As the other posts mentioned, do take care in transporting from a Sandbox system to the normal transport landscape. But if you choose to do it, you could set up a virtual system for your ECC DEV system until that system is ready. You would then create a route from SBX (Sandbox) to DEV (ECC DEV). This way, when you release transports out of the Sandbox, they will go to a queue for the Virtual DEV system. Once you have your DEV (ECC DEV) system up and running, you can copy the transports in the Virtual DEV queue to the queue for the real ECC DEV and import them at that time.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Russ,

I'm hoping you built the sanbox env. a copy of development, if yes, then you might have captured all or most of the fall outs during the initial upgrade in Sandbox. Now it is matter of transporting them to dev. after the Dev is upgrade completes to avoid much of a downtime. Pefect.

Well you can create a transport route to dev. system from Sandbox. but it is not recommened just to avoid any accidental imports of transports and over writing the latest dev.

So I would recommed to create a Jumbo transport from Sandbox including all the fixes and import to Development manually(coping cofile and datafile across).

Hope this helps. points are welcome

--K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually you should create your modifications and customizations in the Development environment (once is upgraded) not in Sandbox (Sandbox is just for training, testing) . Once in DEV you can transport your orders to QA and PRD. That is the best practice.

Anyways, there is a way to create orders in Sandbox (everything is possible) and then import them into your other systems, but again I suggest you do it from DEV.

Regards,