cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with FTP folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If we design the file based interfaces ( that is file is to be picked form the ftp folder which has protected by using userid and pwd) what are the common problems that we face during operation of that interface with folders ?? Because basis guys advise ........most of the time for not using ftp folders . why it is ??

Regards

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some things that i can think about:

1) Read access to the folder where the file is picked up from, for the user id.

2) If archiving the file in a seperate directory, then Write access to this dir.

3) one of the common problem we faced is - the source file trying to be picked up before it is fully written. But for us, this has always worked while the adapter polls the next time.

4) Most importatntly, If your have a netwrok has a fire wall, then make sure from the netwrok guys to open port 21.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I won't think so that any problems will occur. There are some cons using FTP adapter coz some of the functionalities from XI is not supported by FTP its supported by NFS. You can refer the help for the same. I would say ask your basis to list out the reasons what for we should not FTP adapter . B'coz they only know the landscape configurations...

My view..

raj.