cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to application program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where XI takes input file and transforms it and again prints file (File name is same all the time). Now this file will be picked by ECC standard program and will be uploaded into ECC tables. The file size is 80MB+. If anybody is involved in this kind of file based interfaces could you plz tell me what kind of problems that we may face during opeation of this type of scenario.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

80mb is a pretty big file and XI (based on your hardwares config) might not be able to handle such a big file in shot.

you can try to split the file into smaller files at the sender side using an external shell script and then process then individually and keep the receiver file adapter in append to get a single file.

If you are using FCC at the sender side then you can also use recordsets per msg instead of splitting your file.

Cheer's

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dreamcatcher,

I have doubt. Everyone is saying if on sender side if you have FCC then you can solve the issue. Is this correct? I won't think so. See If you place the file in folder XI will took the whole file and keep in java heap and then send messages into XI as specified in the Recordset per message. What do you say? Please give ur valuable comment on this.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I havent tried it , we are splitting the file in our scenario. Will try this and get back to you.

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dreamcatcher ! Bye the way do you know any weblogs or links to learn abt the things that you have suggested ?? (splitting and recordsets per msg)

regards

kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will face problem during filename access.

You have to deal with "DynamicConfiguraation."

thats it.. i guess again your mapping if file will be empty.It will be your decision if you want to create empty file or dont want.you need to create mapping accordingly.

Againg if your file is CSV...flat file thenm you have to do "File Content Conversion." at sender side.

Regards,

Akshay.

• Reward points if find useful.