cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem in BPM transformation step. In the transformation step properties window, i have given source( container element referring the abstract message interface for source message type)and target( container element referring the abstract message interface for target message type). Now i guess, the target container element should be multiline as per standard help given by SAP (Flight booking example). But when i check the multiline block for my target container element, the properties window is showing error in target message field.

Can somebody guide me in rectifying the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Nitin Aggarwal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin,

1.Multiline Container is used only when you are recieving multiple XML messages.It is an array to contain multiple file messages.

2.In you case you have to split one file message into multiple file messages in the directory.

3.If the above assumption is right change the occurence of target message in the message mapping as 0..unbounded and also target message interface occurence as 0...unbounded in the interface mapping.

4.Once you have done this create in the mapping objects then include a transformation step in the BPM after the recieve step and declare a container element of abstract target interface as multi line.

It shouldnot give the error if you correctly defined the above steps and also remember that message mapping should be done properly as it will be the centre

for splitting the messages.

Let me know if any further info is required.I will be able to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiline is used where you want to collect multiple messages and than wants to do 1:n or N:1 multimapping.

If you dont have this requirement and wants to have 1:1 mapping, give a container element of type absract interface in source and container element of type absract interface in target (Multiline not checked).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually my scenario is file -> XI -> file. here i have multiple messages in a single file which i need to transfer to target directory after transformation. Actually i want to split the message into multilines and so i am using Transformation step.

A ParForEach block follows after the transformation step wherein I need to specify the multiline container element which is referring the message.

Now will the Integration process work fine if i don't select the multiline property of container element?

Thanks and Regards,

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

u neednt check the multiline block. it will work just fine..

Cheers,

Divya