cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging data between interface mapping and message mapping possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at my interface mapping:

source message -

>

mapping programs

1. Java mapping

2. XSL mapping

3. message mapping

-

> target message

in my scenario a Java Class (1) is called for the interface mapping. There, some information ist read from the xml structure. Next, a xslt mapping (2) takes place that strips some information. The remaining data is passed to the message mapping (3)

The reason for this is that the source message consists of a xml message inside an xml message.

I am looking for a way to access the informationen gained in step 1 (Java class) in the message mapping (step 3). I was hoping that the global container (used by user-defined function within message mapping) is accessible from the java mapping, but I could not find out how.

Anybody with some ideas how to pass information from step 1 to step 3? I cannot put the Information in the xml that is passed to the message mapping, because the schema of the inner xml cannot be changed.

Thanks very much, best regards,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang!

I have used the "Dynamic Configuration" section in the XI Message header for this issue. You could write something into the Dynamic Configuration Section in step 1 (Java-Mapping) and read it out again in steps 2 or 3. You could use a section for a adapter you are not using in your interface for the real receiver. So if you have a File-Receiver Adapter at the "end" you could use some section of the e.g. SOAP adapter not to interfere with your receiver-adapter when using Dynamic Configuration Settings there ...

See also: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/43/09b16006526e72e10000000a422035/content.htm

or

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/43/0a7d1be4e622f3e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Best regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Andreas, works like a charm!

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Answers (0)