Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 6.40SR1: SDM Problems when applying SP13

michael_sachs2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

after installing a double-stack WAS 6.40 SR1 I patched ABAP and Java to SP13. First it seemed to be run flawlessly, but the "System Information" on the SAP J2EE Eingine start page still reported the software components "sap.com/SAP-JEECOR" and "sap.com/SAP-JEE" as "6.40 SP9". A look into the logs revealed that the SDM command "systemcomponentstate" had failed:

Info: ==========================================================

Info: = Starting to execute command 'systemcomponentstate' =

Info: ==========================================================

Info: Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Info: tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/6.4013.00.0000.20050620162651.0000

Info: SDM operation mode successfully set to: Standalone

Info: Initializing Network Manager (50617)

Info: Checking if another SDM is running on port 50618

Info: Sync all deployed components with the system component version store.

Info: sqlmap: Sync deployment...

Info: sqlmap: Component: development component 'sqlmap'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.4012.00.0000.20050331133103.0000'

Info: sqlmap: File location: F:\usr\sap\PMM\DVEBMGS06\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\sqlmap\SAP AG\6.4012.00.0000.20050331133103.0000\sqlmap.sda

Info: sqlmap: full component: vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'sqlmap', componentType: 'DC', subSystem: 'NO_SUBSYS', location: 'SAP AG', counter: '6.4012.00.0000.20050331133103.0000', scVendor: 'sap.com', scName: 'SAP-JEECOR', release: '6.40', serviceLevel: 'null', patchLevel: 'null', deltaVersion: 'F', updateVersion: 'FB-20050509204556', applyTime: 'null', scElementTypeID: '01200615320200006967', spElementTypeID: 'null', spName: 'null', spVersion: 'null', typ: 'null', server 'null', number 'null', path 'null'

Info: sqlmap: updating system component version store...

Error: sqlmap: Could not update: syncCVers: unknown DB schema, can not write data

Error: sqlmap: system component version store not updated.

[...repeats a lot of times with the same error...]

Info: Synchronization summary:

Info: Total updates: 288

Info: Failed updates: 288

Info: Succeded updates: 0

Info: system component version store update failed completely.

Warning: Synchronization of all Deployments with the system component state failed (system component version store update failed completely.).

Info: Activated system component state synchronizations

Info: Successfully executed. Return code: 0

I tried the usual measures including a full reboot of the machine and a reinstallation of the Java-AddIn, but the problem remained. It can also be reproduced when calling 'sdm systemcomponentstate "mode=activate" ' manually.

The system runs on Windows Server 2003 with Oracle 9.2.0.7

Any ideas how to proceed or what to look at?

Cheers,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dirkbuedenben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Michael, did you solve the problem? I have the same on MSSQL-Server upgrading from SP9 to SP13.

Rgs,

Dirk

michael_sachs2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

unfortunately the problem is not solved yet, but in the meantime I created a SAP customer message which is currently being worked on in the SAP development support. I'll let you know what they find out as soon as they come back with a solution.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let us know the outcome. Same problem here on Windows Server 2003 with Oracle 9.2.0.7 with SR1 to SP13 patch. It appears to be a small problem when updating version info in the database. SP13 tries to update some tables/fields that are not present in the schema of SP9. These are probably created in earlier SP's (10-12), but not in SP13.

michael_sachs2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

finally I got a new "SLUtil.jar" file from SAP Support which solves the problem. I assume they will prepare a note and publish a patch in the very near future. The problem seems to be related to the Oracle 9.2.0.7 patch set.

Cheers,

Michael

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe note 828978 is helpfull as a read.

Eddy

michael_sachs2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

thanks for pointing me to that note, but I already read this one. It refers to a different error which in the end turns out not to be a problem at all.

Michael