Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can any one help me to get some Business scenarios for the following things:

clinet make an order to a company A

company A order the material from a supplier who bottle the wine ( the wine is owner of company A, so supplier only turn wine into bottle ) and then delivery the wine to company A who will send the wine to customers.

Anybody have worked with this kind of scenario??

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cmm:

I think you are trying to say Company A sells wine.

They send it to a packaging supplier who bottles the wine and returns it to Company A packaged in bottles.

If Company A is distributing / selling wines, then Company A will be shipping the bottled wines to their customers.

Or sometimes Company A can request packaging companies to directly ship the bottled wines to the customers of Company A. There should be a Direct Ship Indicator.

One way or the other, someone has to ship it to the end customers.

Murugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The flow that I'm trying to customizing is exactly how you describe. In particular at the end Company A will be shipping the bottled wines to their customers.

Now I'm looking for an help to go ahead to customizing the flow

what is the direct ship indicator??

thanks so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

At one of my previous projects we had a flag called Direct Ship Indicator in BW for reporting purposes. This flag let the user know if the PO was asked to be shipped directly to end customer.

I am not very familiar with the SD configuration set up. If I recall right there is a process called STO which stands for Stock Transport Order. This could be something to look into.

Try searching for Stock Transport Order on SDN. You might find what you are looking for.

Sorry I am not much help here.

Good luck.

M.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this scenerio you have to account for the following:

The qnty of wine sent

Normal loss allowed -for spillage,evoporation etc

Actual shortage reported-variance to be reported

Recovery for abnormal loss.

Insurance for the loss in transit -to and fro

labor charges for filling

Taxes,duty if any.

Regards.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a SD scenario but a MM/PP scenario where you are sending the material from RAW state to finished...only then SD is coming into picture.

Regards,

N