cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 pulling deliveries before PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I find that for deliveries created through one shipping point 5001, they are appearing in VF04 without actually doing PGI. ( The items in these deliveries are not picking relevant ). When I debugged, found that VKDFS table is getting updated with all these deliveries, which i feel should not because I have not yet completed the PGI.

But however when I try to do billing that way, it says PGI is not yet completed so cannot bill, which is ofcourse the right thing, Being this, these deliveries are not supposed to populate in VF04 ( the VKDFS table ).

For one another shipping point 5000 ( the items in these deliveries are picking relevant ) are appearing in VF04 only after doing PGI. But am not really convinced to believe that picking has a role to play to populate entries in VF04.

I have tested few items which are not picking relevant, and created deliveries through a different shipping point. These are not pulling in VF04. So picking relevance should not be the reason.

All these items billing relevance is delivery related.

Any idea, I have checked few sap notes, analyzed the delivery related programs and still not able to find a clue.

Thanks for the time spent.

Sadhu Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In vov7 check the "relevant for billing" field of the sales order item's item category. This can be used to control when a document is ready to bill.

Here is the list of values:

A Delivery-related billing document

<b>B Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty</b>

C Relevant for ord.-related billing - status acc.to target qty

D Relevant for pro forma

<b>F Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice qty</b>

G Order-related billing of the delivery quantity

H Delivery-related billing - no zero quantities

I Order-relevant billing - billing plan

J Relevant for deliveries across EU countries

K Delivery-related invoices for partial quantity

L Pro forma - no zero quantities

M Delivery-related invoices-no zero qtys (incl main batch itm)

N Pro forma - no zero quantities (including main batch items)

Q Delivery-related CRM billing

R Delivery-related CRM billing - no zero quantities

T Supply Rel. CRM Billing with Intercompany Billing in CRM

U Sup. Rel. CRM Bill. w/ Intercomp. Bill. in CRM - No Zero Qus

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

johny and ramesh,

i have checked all these settings and details.

my objective is not to be able to bill before PGI is done. what i want to ensure is to show deliveries in VF04 when they ready to be billed not before. In my case i treat them as ready when PGI is done.

But VKDFS table is getting updated with these deliveries before PGI and showing in VF04.

Well i also found that it is correct. Now i need a way to prevent them show in vF04 by some enhancment.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadhu,

I am not sure why the Relevant for Billing flag does not fix your issue. It drives when the order will show up in VF04 or VKDFS

This is from the help file:

<i>

Relevant for billing

Indicates what the basis for billing should be.

A: Delivery-related billing document

Billing is based on the outbound delivery. Billing status is only updated in the outbound delivery.

B: Relevant for order-related billing - status according to order quantity

Billing is based on the sales document. The requested delivery quantity determines the billing status.

Item categories REN (Returns) and BVN (Cash sales items) are set up with billing relevance "B" in the standard system.

C: Relevant for order-related billing - status according to target quantity

Billing is based on the sales document. The target quantity determines the billing status.

Item categories G2N (Credit memo) and L2N (Debit memo) are set up with billing relevance "C" in the standard system.

😧 Relevant for pro forma

The billing relevance indicator must contain a value (not be blank) in order to be able to create pro forma invoices. Indicator "D" can also be used as follows for cross-company-code business processing:

In the case of a free-of-charge outbound delivery, the company code that is responsible for the delivery should be granted an internal settlement.

You can use indicator "D" to record free-of-charge outbound deliveries and grant internal settlements to the relevant company code.

F: Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice quantity

Relevant for order-related billing documents based on the invoice receipt quantity (third-party business transaction). The system transfers the order into the billing due list only after the vendor invoice has been received and processed in the purchasing department. After the receipt of each invoice, a customer invoice is created for the quantity that appears on the vendor invoice. The order has status "Billed" until the next vendor invoice is received.

Item category TAS (Third party item) is set up with billing relevance "F" in the standard system.

This process can also be related to the quantity of goods receipt.

You can make the control setting as to whether the invoice receipt quantity or the goods receipt quantity should be relevant for billing in the copy control for billing on the item level in the billing quantity field. (In Customizing, choose Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Billing documents -> Maintain Copying Control for Billing Documents -> Copying Control: Delivery to Billing Document -> Item, then select an item category.)

G: Order-related billing of the delivery quantity

The order is relevant for billing. More specifically, the cumulated delivery quantity that was already delivered is relevant for billing. You can use this category to bill for multiple partial deliveries at once.

H: Delivery-related billing - no zero quantities

You can use this category to avoid items with a value of zero being included in the billing document.

I: Order-relevant billing - billing plan

Billing occurs by way of the billing plan and its status. The status of the order item is seen as the sum of the billing plan status and the billing status.

Item categories WVN (Maint. Contract Item), MVN (Lease item) and TAO (Milestone billing) are set up with billing relevance "I" in the standard system.

J: Relevant for deliveries across EU countries

The outbound delivery is only relevant for billing if:

1. The Plants abroad active field is selected (found in Customizing under Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Settings -> Tax on Sales/Purchases -> Basic Settings -> Plants Abroad -> Activate Plants Abroad)

2. Country of departure (country where the plant is located) and

destination country (country where the ship-to party is located) are

different EU countries.

Item categories KBN (Consignment fill-up), KAN (Consignment Pick-up) and NLN (Standard Stock Transfer Item) are set up with billing relevance "J" in the standard system.

K: Delivery-related invoices for partial quantity

You can use this indicator if you want to select both items and partial quantities for billing.

</i>

I tried it in one of our Dev systems and it worked for me. Maybe I don't understand the question. If so my apologies.

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

VDKFS and VF04 i guess both are same. As i have told earlier i worked for TAW item categoery,where billing can be done without PGI.

Please let me know which item catergory are u referring to.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my thought by putting s billing block on the item in the delivery. If R1 is not a billing block in your system then change the code to a proper value

Please give points

Delivery prepare save document in MV50AFZ1

Loop at xlips (line item)

If likp-wadat_ist is null and (no GI date)

Vbuk-wbstk is ‘A’ and (not GI)

Xlips-pstyv = ‘TAW’ (item category)

Set xlips-faksp = ‘R1’. (line item billing block)

Endif.

Endloop.

*2nd loop to remove at GI time

Loop at xlips (line item)

If likp-wadat_ist NE null and (has GI date)

Vbuk-wbstk is ‘C’ and (is GI)

Xlips-pstyv = ‘TAW’ (item category)

Set xlips-faksp = ‘ ’. (clear line item billing block)

Endif.

Endloop.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

thanx for all your valuable replies. Little late to update but we have solved the issue by using the enhancement V60P0001. In this we have used an exit EXIT_SAPLV60P_008 which has an include ZXV6PU08 where we have put the required code that a delivery would not go to VF04 before the PGI is done(in our case it should not go to VF04 before PGI as explained already). Thx once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Can u let us know what is the Delivery item category which appears in VF04 or table VKDFS.

I have worked on Item category TAW which is not relevant for picking which is a delivery releated item.After creating the delivery document it appears in VF04 and also without PGI billing can be done.

Regard

Ramesh