Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

SRM 4.0, server 5.0.

We sync our payment terms from R/3 into SRM - no problems.

But we have vendors that are created for several different company codes and these vendors can therefore have different payment terms in different company codes. It seems that sometimes payment terms are taken from the first company code instead of the correct one.

Have you seen this type of behaviour?

DM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still an issue, so I will log an OSS message by SAP instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

I'm new to SRM so I have questions re payment terms. In what case do I need to replicate payment terms from R/3 to SRM (local, classic)? If my invoices and po's are processed in R/3, do I still need to replicate payment terms? My thought is that I only need to do that for the local scenario and not for the classic scenario, which we're using.

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Newbie.

All of our vendors in SRM are replicated from R/3 to begin with, and we have daily batches that ensure our vendor masters are in sync. Whenever a payment term for example is changed in R/3, the change is then sent to SRM as well.

Unless you have a standalone SRM system I would suggest you to only use 1 system for all of your vendors to avoid you having to do double maintenance. It would make sense if you already have an R/3 system to replicate as many master data as possible, so that again you can avoid double maintenance.

Nice to have batches could be

BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL

BBP_GET_EXRATE

BBP_UPLOAD_PAYMENT_TERMS

BBP_GET_CURRENCY

SMOF_DOWNLOAD

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC

Do please post any questions you might have regarding SRM in this forum - people are very fast to answer with ideas.

BR

Dennis M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dennis,

I understand there are master data you need to replicate from R/3 to SRM, and we do that today. My question was more why do we need to replicate payment terms when we're not paying invoices out of SRM. They get paid out of R/3 so why do we need to replicate payment terms from R/3 to SRM? Does that make sense?

I believe the BBP_UPLOAD_PAYMENT_TERMS job is to replicate payment terms. Is this the only report used for the initial upload as well as any updates in the future?

Regards,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

This report is run intially once after that i dont see any significance in the report as we usally prepare invoices in R3 systems.

We need to run BBP_UPLOAD_PAYMENT_TERMS to default the value in SRM

At some point this field is mandatory and system tres to check whether there is a value in it.

We can use various BADi to check the correct payment terms in SRM.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>See related links -></b>

Note 641960 New processing of terms of payment in EBP 3.5

Note 624566 Replication of quality management systems

Note 628254 EBP Business partner: Selection options in some reports

Note 741368 - Manual / unknown terms of payment in invoice

Note 782586 - Terms of payment are not transferred to invoice

Note 853463 - Payment terms should be transfered as a whole

Note 862594 - Vendor Payment Terms not populated for XML Invoices

Note 1074161 - GET_PAYMTERM of BADI BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY is never called.

Hope this will definitely help. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When are facing this problem ? Are you facing it while replication / or in your custom code / development somewhere ? Please elaborate in detail.

<u>Please refer to the SAP OSS note for basic configuartion to be made in this case -></u>

Note 641960 New processing of terms of payment in EBP 3.5

Note 526390 Business partner maint.: Terms of paymnt instead of org.unit

Note 513347 EBP 3.5: CALLBACK routines, input help multi-company case

Note 435535 Expiring currencies are not dealt with correctly

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul.

My payment terms are set up OK in both R/3 and in SRM meaning that the master data are OK. The issue basically occurs in every purchase, let me try to explain it more carefully then.

We have the vendor 1234 in SRM with the following payment terms:

C100 - company code 1001

C200 - company code 1012

C300 - company code 1034

When I make a purchase within the company code 1001, I would expect the payment term to be C100, and when shopping for 1012 I would expect C200 etc.

But it seems, that very often the payment term C100 is taken even when I shop for the company code 1034 for example - my point then is, that this type of different payment term setup should be standard, right?

Thanks.

Dennis