cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does XI support Socket communication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question came from our customers and consultants.

I saw the definition of socket in Wikipedia that it is somehow based on TCP, UDP. So far as I know, XI does not "support" TCP/IP. Does this mean XI does not support Socket either? Or this could be covered in the adapters of XI?

If XI does not support this, do you have any experience of a solution to socket communication?

Thanks in advance!

best regards

Jing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is of ur interest

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/12/15/socket-integration-with-xi

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

Look in to this blogs on socket integration.

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/12/15/socket-integration-with-xi

Removed by Moderator

Message was edited by: Kenny Scott, XI/PI SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I have read the links you have sent and noticed that you are working in Healthcare as well! Did you implement this code?

my impression of that blog is, this would be a "project" solution, which means you need to implement this code to every healthcare integration landscape. If we have 10 customers who need socket communication in their systems with SAP, then all customers need this implementation which they could not get from XI.

Am I right?

thanks

Jing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

I have been reviewing in the last days and looking for how can I solve a requirement to integrate SAP IS-H medical equipment (vital sign) with PI and a socket connection (added HL7 protocol), so really I have no idea how to do it. I am trying understand the method explained by Saravana in his post but I have doubts if fit for healtcare, I would like to know if you have done any kind of this integration to show o guide me to understand more.

Thanks in advance for any information can help me to achieve this challenge.

Regards, LAFA°

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

I understand you that PI does not quite meet healthcare specific requirements.

Regrading medical equipment with PI, I am not familiar with that part.

But I have good news regarding HL7 protocol with PI. In the meantime we (SAP) have a service solution of HL7 adapter for PI, that supports HL7 communications based on HL7 message format/protocol.

Details please see this blog from Vijendra: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3891

hope this helps you.

Regards

Jing