cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP by executing OS command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We got a requirement to do the SFTP from XI. I know that XI doesn't provide SFTP feature. We don't have Seeburger adapter intalled. Our client has installed IBM Portable Utilities so as to enable SFTP feature at OS level. Now what is to be done is that, XI has to execute the OS command so that the file is SFTPed into the target directory. In this scenario, I have few questions

1. As XI is not going to do the SFTP(simply execute the OS command) is it possible to configure the scenario without the receiver adapter just configure only the sender adapter so as to poll the availability of the file in the source directory.

2. Any other alternative approch ??

Appreciate your response on this

Regards,

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SFTP not yet supported by XI

See this

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2007/07/31/sftp-vs-ftps-in-sap-pi

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

I Would think that following points may be useful to you.

>> SFTP is available from SP13 or SP14.You can upgrade the XI to required version.

>> Otherwise also you can develop SFTP abap adapter easily and dump them into XI folder and let the j2ee normal file adapter to pick them up.

>> we are using the File Adapter and start a OS Script at the end of the adapter execution(see help.sap.com) to handle the SFTP part which SAP XI cannot do at the moment. Works ok.

>> In case to manage FTP adapter over SSH, We can use it to just place the file and pull the file from our internal folder.

>> But there is a requirement not to place any file in XI box. we then need to come up with the way to FTP file over directly from another platform, which will support only SSH not SSL.

>> Instead of Developing own FTP adapter over SSH, create a simple java proxy that will use free java libraries to do the SFTP transfer.

>> In Short..

1.Upgrade XI to SP14

2.Use Java Proxy

3.Use SFTP from ABAP Stack of XI

4.Develop a SFTP adapter

Hope it Helps...

Regards,

Dhayanandh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhayanandh,

>> SFTP is available from SP13 or SP14.You can upgrade the XI to required version.

Currectly we are on SP16, I don't see SFTP option there. Could you please confirm or any link or notes on SFTP in XI ??

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you should be able to do it but then you will have call the shell script in - "execute before msg processing" parameter.

Cheer's