cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I understand that there are lots of standard tables in SAP and i have a huge list of SAP standard tables i got from SDN. Can somebody tell me what is the concept of having tables and what is the functionality of tables and how it works in SAP.

Thanks

Srikkanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the data what we enter in sap are stored in tables.

so if u want to retreive any data in the form of reports etc we need those table names and field names to write a report.

u can get the details of a table through SE16

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yaar. Can we create our own table. If we are able to create a table as well, how the data flow will be. Eg. for a sales order, the data is stored in VBAK. How does the data flow in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikkanth,

SAP has already created the tables required after alot of study and research. So it is recommended you stick to the standard tables available in SAP. If you want to create your own table use [SE11] and make sure the first character of the table name is either 'Y' or 'Z'. To get the data into the table you would have to change the respective programs and that's tedious.

Regards

NP

Message was edited by:

Nadarajah Pratheb

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikkanth,

Consider you have to enter an order for one of your customers the material, price, quantity, delivery dates should be stored some where so that they can be used in the futher business process.

Now when you want to deliver the goods for this order the material, quantity would get picked from the order tables. While creating an invoice data would be picked from the order and delivery tables.

So to achieve this process all the entries you we do in the SAP screen our stored in some table.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

table stores data. You can find out any data from table.

e.g. sales order related data VBAK etc.

Best Regards

Sainath