cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s SP12 -> SP13: Model DC cannot publish Modelclasses to other DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have just changed from NW2004s SP12 to SP13. In the current project I have several DCs. One for the model-classes and 7 DCs using this model. In the model DC I can see the and use the model-classes. Before the upgrade I could use the model-classes in the other ones (model was added to "public part" of model DC and to "used DC" of the other ones).

Now the model itself is visible to the other DCs but not the classes. All views show errors because their context is now corrupt. I have tried to remove the model and re-add it, no success, tried to rebuild all the DCs, no success, tried to repair the DCs, no success, ...

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have also a look at [SAP Note 1126451|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1126451]

regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you reimport the entire project to your IDE and see the IDE is compatible version with the engine.

Try resync the project.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!

I have already tried that, no success

The entire sourcecode is checkin into a NWDI (development infrastructure). There I have changed the 3 Jar-files (JEE, JTECH and JBUILDT) for the software component. Now I have checked the CBS and there are compiling errors too. So there seems to be an incompatiblity of NW2004s-SP12-sourcecode with SP13.

Can someone tell me how to migrate the Web Dynpro-Sourcecode to from SP12 to SP13?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to figure out the problem by myself. The problem seems to occure when the model-classes belong to another package than the DC holding the model itself.

For example: the model-dc belongs to the package <i>com.test.wd.model</i> and the model-classes belong to <i>com.test.java.model</i>.

Until SP12 it worked fine but since SP13 ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to be an error in SP13. I have changed the package of the model (in the XML-files) and now the codes compiles and all classes were found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

We are facing a similar kind of issue. We tried keeping the package name same for model as the model class's. Do you remember doing anything else to fix the issue. We are also facing this issue only after the upgrade from sp12 to sp13.

Any lead on this would be appreciated.

regards,

Pobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

We are also facing same issue. Please explain what are the XML files we have to change and the entries also.

Thanks

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got a solution from SAP. It is a change in SP13. In SP12 the underlying model classes of a Model were added implicitly but SP13 onwards, it is required to add them explicitly. While creating publicpart of model add File entities instead of Package entities to it.

Thanks

Joe