cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thumbnail view of AutoCAD files ie..*.dwg file types.

former_member1282879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying to have a Thumbnail view of AutoCAD files, I tried all the configuration Aspect but the system could not do this for AutoCAD files, while for JPG, TIF, BMP file types it is yielding the required results,

We deal mostly with AutoCAD files and it is our main requirement to have the thumbnail view of AutoCAD files especially at finding documents. (CV04N)

The configuration aspect like the define Work station application in network for display is kept as, EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% for both the application types.

I tried in all aspects but could not make it for AutoCAD files.

lately i came to know that,

unlike tif, bmp, jpg, file types dwg files thumbnails are not offered in the SAP Standard behavior.

This could be achievedby using the BADIs which are available as of ERP2005. For further information on this please see the Online help for the Business Add-Ins

(BADIs) in the Conversion customizing transaction SPRO under the

Document Management area.

Can any one please help to sort out this issue, may be using the above details as iam unable to get these to practical terms.

Thanks and regards.

Sathish kumar

Please suggest a solution ASAP.

Thanks and Regards

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

for creating thumbnails for AutoCAD originals you have to implement a special converter which will be used by the BADI implementation.

In the standard thumbnails are only available for TIF, JPG and BMP.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

How do you get the BMP files or TIF files to show the thumbnails when searching in DMS. I need the steps. I have many DMS docs that are already in TIF format and I need to get those to be a thumbnail.

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Glenn,

I found this link while working on similar requirement.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Display+thumbnails+of+documents+using+a+content+server...

In addition - Please refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/RU/41/a2623c2d6a1e66e10000000a11402f/content.htm - Determine URL of original in DMS

If a URL is generated (which you can check using FM: in the above link), the image should be retrievable is what I believe. A thumbnail size (approx.) will be displayed in DIR which has the jpg/tif file is also a check for this.

Prerequisite: The Workstation Application must be assigned to relevant Document Type in Customizing: SPRO - Cross-Application Components -> Document Management -> General Data -> Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails (Images)

Hope this helps.

-Regards