Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External number range for SUSPO in SUS-MM

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I'm running ECC 6.0 with SUS-MM 5.0 (SRM server 5.5). When transferring ECC purchase orders from ECC 6.0 to SUS-MM the resulting SUSPO is created using internal number assignment.

Thus I'm having an ECC purchase order 45xxxxxxxx referring to a SUSPO 30xxxxxxxx.

I do have an external number range of 45xxxxxxxx in SUS-MM.

Any suggestions/comments very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Franz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the case of SUS system , system creates SUS purchase order using the XML message that comes from XI system.

So to create a SUS purchase order , system would require number series , that is the reason system would not consider the external number range.

In the case of external number range , the user can enter his own number , but that is not possible in the case of SUS purchase order since there is no manual interaction involved in the creation of the SUS purchase order.

Award Points if Usefull

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

In the XML message in SUS (coming from XI) I can see the ECC purchase order number 45xxxxxxxx. For sure there should be a way to have the same purchase order number (external number) in SUS. When communicating with the supplier I'd like to talk about the same PO number.

Cheers,

Franz

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is what i got from HELP

-

>

Define Number Ranges for Purchase Orders

Use

In this IMG activity, you specify the number ranges for purchase orders in SAP Supplier Self-Services (SAP SUS).

Only carry out this IMG activity if you create purchase orders locally in SAP SUS.

Activities

1. Choose Changes Intervals -> Insert Interval.

2. Specify at least one number range.

Note that you must enter the number ranges specified here when you edit the transaction types. For more information, see

Vorgangsarten festlegen.

3. If you set the External indicator, suppliers can enter their own numbers in SAP SUS. If you do not set the indicator, the system generates numbers automatically (internal number assignment).

Further notes

To export number range objects, go to the Maintain Number Ranges screen and choose Interval -> Transport.

Note that, before the target system imports the number range objects from the source system it deletes all of the intervals for the selected number range objects. This means that after the import, the target system only contain intervals that were exported from the source system.

You cannot transport or convert dependent tables.

-

>

so according to this , it should be possible to have external number , please check wether you have maintained customizing for SUS purchase order numbers at correct place.

reward poins if usefull

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I did exactly this, but it ALWAYS tries to pick up the internal number range. A colleague of mine suggested to leave the internal number range for transaction type SUSPO (BUS2230) 'blank'. But then I receive the error of missing number range.

I'll have to contact SAP OSS.

Cheers,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz ,

Kindly share the solution you have applied. I need the external number for all the document travesrsing from SUS to ECC and ECC to SUS.

BR, Prakash