Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USOBT or USOBT_C for Z transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to identify the table(s) where Z transactions are related with object authorizations. In my client system I have not seen any relation between Z* transactions and object authorization in table USOBT_C; just in USOBT.

Is USOBT the right table to look for such info or is there any other table where that is stored?

Many thanks in advance. Regards,

Imanol

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get the authorization object related to Z* transaction code, follow below procedure

1. Execute T-code se16

2. Enter TSTCA

3. Enter Z - t-code in TCODE field

here you will get the authorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but one further question. Why then in table TSTCA I have 70 entries for Z* and in table USOBT 131? Besides that, the entries for Z* in both tables are not the same.

Which is the real table I should look for relation Z transactions and authorization objects?

USOBT_C just stores standard trnasactions- auth objects?

Many thanks. Regards,

Imanol

0 Kudos

USOBT is the standard SAP table so you will not find Z (Custom) TRX in there. They can be added in Su24 and then be found in USOBT_C ( the customer table, which is originally populated as a copy of USOBT).

But that you will have to do yourself. Including adding the Objects assigned

The Only ways to find the objects:

1. Read the ABAP code of the program

2. Create a role with the bare TRX and run trace on the user you execute the program with

0 Kudos

Table TSTC conatins all the transaction codes in the system.

Table TSTCA stores the authorization objects which are defined in transaction code SE93

and table USOBT_C contains the authorization object default values which get proposed in PFCG while you add it in role.

We can also find out the authorization objects related to transaction code using t-code SU24.

0 Kudos

Vanita

although what you say is true, it does not give the complete answer. Normally authorization checks are part of a ABAP Subroutine and can only be found by reading the code or do a trace on the program. Only a few are added in SE93.

Correction: USOBT_C contains the default values as entered by SAP in table USOBT and the ones you have manually added in SU24. One of the steps in Su25 is population of this table from the SAP provided objects and values. You are correct that SAP looks into USOBT_C when a TRX is added in the profile generator to see what objects /values need to be added to the profile.

0 Kudos

Also note that when a Z tcode is created in SE93 it automatically creates in an entry in table - USOBT_C - but any auth objects that is called in the program will have to be added manually.