cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest me the BEST PATH XI or BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working as a BASIS consultant and i have got 2yrs exp in this field i would like to learn either XI or BW , i am bit confused between these two. so kindly suggest me one among them so that my exp in basis consulting should help me for my carrier further.

thanks in advance

bye

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I personally feel, you should concentrate in your area than looking for something. Have you ever thought of "Technology Consultant - either XI or EP else NW Technolgoy?" If you wan to learn XI, then go for XI-Technology Consultant, your previous experience will be an added advantage to learn this.

Regards

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all, let me tell you that Basis are one of the highly paid professionals.

Still if you are interested to learm something new like XI, BI..There is no problem for people who have an appetite for learning new things.

Pre-Requisites for XI would be Basic Java and ABAP knowledge which would grow deeper when you are into the depth.Moreover even if you dont know these, you will eventually get knowledge once you begin.

As far as BI is concerned, no such pre requisite is there.But you say you are aware with Data Warehousing concepts that will be helpful in BI.

Choice is all yours!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would go with BW...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I have exp in NW2004s and i also know Datawarehousing tools like informatica,BO. Sound knowledge in Unix HP, iam 24 yrs old and i have strong appetite to learn new technologies which will help me grow in my carrier.

I am also interested in learning XI can you guide me in learning XI..

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think you should improve you carrer as solution architet, copmleate youor figure with XI, BW, WebAS.

ceers

Claudio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I have exp in NW2004s and i also know Datawarehousing tools like informatica,BO. Sound knowledge in Unix HP, iam 24 yrs old and i have strong appetite to learn new technologies which will help me grow in my carrier.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As Vijaya said is correct. But still if you want to come into field of XI or BW then let me know in which techonology you are now? I mean BASIS consultant of XI, ABAP or BW....etc..

Regards,

Sarvesh