cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root Element in Syndicator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am currently working with MDM Syndicator.

My problem is about Root element

when i am opening in the syndicator file-->destination properties

it will open dialog box with the following options, (i.e. type,Remote system,port,xml schema,xml file name,Root.

when i am selecting type as xml schema , romote system(i.e which i have declared in console for that repository). but when i click on OK button.

it is asking for the Root element required.

can any one help me about:

1)what is root element?

2)where we can declare root element and where we can use it in syndicator?

3)what actually Root element holds in it?

can any please provide answers to this questions

thanks in Advance

Bharat.chinthapatla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat,

May like to check your xsd file format , mainly the first line that include 'xmlns'.

Can edit your xsd file to have that format and see if it works.

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<xsd:element name="DEBMDM05">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="IDOC" type="DEBMDM.DEBMDM05"/>

-reo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

thank you for your reply.

can you please create one small smaple xsd file and send to me.I will be more clear.............

regards

Bharat.chinthapatla

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can simply extract the BusinessContent for MDM provided by SAP, there you can find a couple of XSD file descriptions, e.g. for the MATMAS-IDoc.

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Klaus stated, you can use the business content. Additionally if you need to use a schema that is not part of the business content in the future, you can also save it from XI, assuming you have access to the XI system and the schema has or can be built there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you please tell me where i can get the business content?

please help me,

my idea is to create one xsd file manually and i should use it in the syndicator ?

thanks in advance

bharat.chinthapatla

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

If you are selecting "XML Schema" as type for your syndication map, you have to select an existing XML Schema. An XML Schema defines the structure of the XML file that will be the output of the Syndicator. A Root Element is the "main" element of you XML, e.g. if you have a look at the CREMDM IDoc, the very first element <CREMDM03> is a root element. In the "Destination Properties" you can select a valid root element as soons as you have selected your XML Schema. So if you want to use the XML Schema as type, you have to add an XML Schema to your repository using the corresponding branch in the Console Admin menu. Then you can select this XML Schema in Syndicator and choose the defined Root element.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply for the pervious question Michael.

But.................?

My Problem is..........

Under Admin in console i have selected XML Schema table and i have created one record with Name as "xml schema file one" and in the filename field i have clicked on the browse button and selected one .xsd file in the repository.

(i have tried with .xml schema file also but not....)

I have opened the syndicator on that particular repository and in the source item i am able to see the table and fields of that particular repository and i have clicked on the file option and i have choosen "Destination properties" it has opened dialog box with different input fields, there i have selected type as "xml schema" and Remote system " MDM "(default). when i selected type as xml schema automatically xml schema input field is enabled and it as shown all the xml schema files or record which i have created in the XML schema table under Admin of the console.

But Root element is not enabled, what i have to do?

In the previous question you have said like this " <b>you have to add an XML Schema to your repository using the <u>corresponding branch</u> in the Console Admin menu</b>.

what is the corresponding branch in the console Admin menu, can you please explain me in details...

if there is any other procedure to come out of this problem, can you please explain me in details ?

Thanks in advance

bharat.chinthapatla

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

the Admin menu within MDM Console is the place where you can add XML Schemas to your repository. But you have already done this.

Based on your description I'd say, that there is something wrong with the XML Schema you want to use, because the steps you did to add and select the schema are correct.

BR Michael