cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Pre-defined repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using pre-defined repository fo material master.

1) I have an XML file material master which I am trying to import in import manager

In the import manager I have mapped basic fields for eg MATNR,MEINS,BRGEW,NTGEW,GEWEI etc. These fields were mapped in the products table of MATERIAL repository and then the records were created in SAP MDM Data Manager.

2) Now I would like to create plant data for the same material.How do map the plant data fields in Import manager.There is plants table in MATERIAL repository.

The plants table has fields a) Name b) Code

How to map these fields and what values would be transferred in Name and Code.I think code should be "werks".

Regards,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

did you have a look at the provided field mapping information? In the<a href="http://service.sap.com/installmdm">MDM Documentation Center</a> you can find a ZIP file "Business Content: Material".This file contains an Excel with all the repository fields and their standard mapped IDoc fields.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have one more query.

I am using XML file of material master in import manager.

I have mapped

E1MARAM-MATNR-Products-material number

E1MARAM-MTART-Products-material type etc and have created records in MDM Data Manager.

However,when I am mapping E1MAKTM-MAKTX-Products-Description , the material text is not getting transferred to the MDM Data Manager.

Please provide some inputs to me.

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priti

In description field there is a limit of 130 Characters. You cant exceed the limit. If your description is in the source system then it may not get uploaded due to character limit.

We also faced this problem inSP04 , may be in newr version of MDM it can be sorted out.

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Mark points for helpful answer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priti,

scenario1)

If ur plant table is subtable means lookup table to the main table.

Then what u can do is jus take the Name & Code of plants data in excel sheet.

Thn in import manager select Excel instead of XML.

Now In import manager screen in source and destination .. select source as excel sheet in which u have that plant data and in Destination select the plant table (earliar u must have selected main table cz u were uploading main table records)

Map Name and Code from source(excel) to destination (plant table).

and upload all plant table data.

scenario 2)

qualified location data table

In this case make one qualified table in console( genraly it comes in standard repository)

add feilds like code and name to the qulaified table.

Again same like previous case upload the plant data into qualified table using import manager.

Now using location data qualified table u can link location data to any record in main product table .

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Mark points if found helpful