cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set DAY as a polling time in file adapter?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I have to pick a file weekly once. But due to some maintanance activity XI system will be restarted on monthly basis. Due to that the weekly polling freuquency is not going to work properly.

For example Wednesday I have to pick a file and thursday system is restarted so the polling frequency also will be restarted from thursday.

Is there any way to get rid of this scenraio?

Is it possible to configure any adapter modules for making the file pick only on WEDNESDAY?.

Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks,

Jayanh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope it helps..

Note:You will need to have the authorizations of the user group SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR with the role modify.

Go to Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Communication Channel Monitoring

Locate the link Availability Time Planning on the top right corner of your Communication Channel Monitoring page.

In your case, the requirement is to schedule the Sender file adapter daily once at 8:00 at morming.

In Availability Time Planning, choose the Availability time as daily and say create.

Provide the details like the time 12:00

Then select the communication channel , goto the Communication Channels tab and filter and add the respective channel (File Sender).

Once all the above has been done 'Save' the changes.

For more

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for you suggestion. Availability time planning solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on your XI SP version you can do it using adapter availability planning in runtime workbench.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/e3c488f87c6f74e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Cheer's

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos