cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcdhiving in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am fairly new to this domain and I have experience in developing interfaces in XI. Now the situation has come up where the XI server is being 'refreshed' and apparently all my objects are going to be deleted. Can someone tell me a detailed procedure which would help me take a back up of my objects and the process to get them back into XI once the refresh is complete...?

Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export all your objects as tpz files which will be copied on to XI server. You can then again import your objects using those files once the server is refreshed.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the ABAP Stack? As in the RFCs and Ports that were created in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC and ports has to be re created with the same name.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting... Thanks for all the answers....

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can export (tools --> export)all you IR and ID objects as .tpz files and then once the refresh is done you can import them again. The same needs to be done for SLD also if it is aloes being refreshed.

refer this blog it talks about transport of XI objects but you can look at only the exporting and importing sections:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a feature within SLD? I understand the concept of the export and import but I am unsure of the steps to carry it out. Could you please be a little more detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take export of all your objects, create tpz files of it. When seerver get refreshed import all the tpz files again and activate the objects.