Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing a weird problem - Our scenario is -

we have a job that runs a custom program that pick up some invoice files & converts them into idocs. We have a custom idoc based on the type ACLPAY. The job then runs the program RBDAPP01 to process the Idoc. There is a piece of custom code which has the following steps:

1. Read the IDOC and post a FI invoice.

2. If a specific GL account is defined and other flags are set then execute -

a. A material good receipt (MB1C) based on information in the IDOC

b. Perform moving average price update (MR22)

c. In some cases goods issue (MB1A)

This works ok in our QA system both in the foreground & the background.

But in our production system, we are able to run the same thing in the foreground, but the background job fails to perform the last 2 actions - perform moving average price update (MR22) and goods issue (MB1A)

The custom codes are exactly the same in both QA & Prod.

I'm not sure if this is an Auth Check problem or something else.

I'd appreciate any suggestion - even the different things that I should be looking into!

Thanks

Rachana

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rachana,

Compare both the QA and Production systems in respect of their background processing, the number of background processes(use transaction SM50/RZ04) in both the sysetms.

Check with the developer on how the background processes are assigned. Is parallel processing being used? if yes, then check the RFC server groups used.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachana,

To narrow down a possible authorization cause, did you perform all 4 tests in both systems using the same user ID with the exact same role?

Did you use the same user ID for the job steps to schedule to the job?

If yes, then it might be a system config difference between your QA and Prod.

Then you might need to debug the job.

Cheers,

Julius