Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When unlocking user ALEREMOTE, the user is still locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALEREMOTE is an RFC user. When we try to unlock the user in su01, it displays that the user is still locked. The system where aleremote is used is a CUA child system.

Can you please help me with the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using CUA, it could be that the client is not setup to unlock the user, unlocking has to be done from CUA client. You need to check the setup.

It could also be that once you unlock the user, the RFC is still using the old password and locking the user again. You will need to disable / stop the immedite triggering of the job that is trying to user ALEREMOTE user.

Cheers,

Nisch

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using CUA, it could be that the client is not setup to unlock the user, unlocking has to be done from CUA client. You need to check the setup.

It could also be that once you unlock the user, the RFC is still using the old password and locking the user again. You will need to disable / stop the immedite triggering of the job that is trying to user ALEREMOTE user.

Cheers,

Nisch

0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Nisch.

Yes, we are trying to unlock the user in CUA parent system. But we still get the same error while unlocking it...

we will try to disable/stop the immediate triggering of the job that is trying to use ALEREMOTE user, but first we still need to figure out how to unlock it before we can change its password.

Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw, I have changed the password in the RFC connection in SM59 as well. Following the new password set in su01.

0 Kudos

There was a discussion a while back about RFC users and CUA. If I remember correctly, the solution was to exclude child RFC users from the parent CUA administration.

I did a quick search but couldn't find the thread, but my connection is slow here.

If you cant find it, then let me know, and I'll have a more patient shot at it.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks to everyone!

I just tried disconnecting CUA and just unlocked the ALEREMOTE user in the child system. And just reconnected CUA again...

It did work actually

Thanks everyone!