cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC -> XI -> External web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anybody ever worked with the scenario which tries to access external web service from XI.

If yes, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

-Smita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

Have you resolved the exception problem?

I've also constructed an RFC -> XI -> External web service scenario. I also encountered this exception but in the ABAP workbench,not through sxmb_moni transaction.In the sxmb_moni transaction view I traced the whole running process. In the end, through the two response message, I got two different error message. One is "com.sap.security.core.server.ws.service.WSSecurityException". Another is "Unable to determine name of mapping program".I think I made no mistake during the design and configuration process.All this makes me confused. I still haven't found a way to resolve this. It's so time consuming!I'll be very appreciated if anyone can give me some advice!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is solved now. My XI server was not having complete SSL support.

Have you tried requesting web service with some other client? Does that work fine? If web service returns proper response for the other client, just check the request payload of yours and other client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

The Web Service works well with other client.

You mentioned the "request payload". Can you explain the meaning of it to me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check sxmb_moni, goto your message. When you double click on the message, it displayes XML message details. Goto Original XML message, under Payloads you get you request xml message. Please check that. Can you please send that payload to me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

There're three messages. And there're so many Payloads under the requesting XML Message tree.Which one should I pick?

If possible, can you give me a contact method? I've added you to my Messenger but you're offline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know whether below is the right one. I found all the so many payloads were similar.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns1:add xmlns:ns1="urn:AdderWSWsd">

<arg1>1</arg1>

<arg2>2</arg2>

</ns1:add>

Does this give you helpful message?

What's more, I just gave you a phone call. You're not on your seat? If possible, I think we can discuss this through net meeting.

Thank you.

Regards

Golden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you call me now.?

Lets check it with netmeeting..

Regards,

-Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I have done a scenario HTTP -> XI -> External Web service (SOAP adapter), and it works fine.

For details of SOAP receiver adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

For HTTP adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/content.htm

If you are using Proxy server to connect to internet, then provide those details in the SOAP receiver adapter configuration, and then it can contact a external web service.

regards,

Pops V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pops,

Thanks a lot for inputs.

I am facing problem while trying to access external web service.

After setting up all the scenario in XI, I run my RFC.

I can see 'DeliveryException' error in sxmb_moni.

Web service URL which I am trying to access is, 'https://test.ucas.com/xml-link/XmlLinkWS'.

Can you please test your scenario for this web service or if you give me your contact, I can show you my configuration thru' attachments.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

-Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I am reachable at popskv@gmail.com.

In this web service which Operation are you trying to use? Lets say your are using the first method: getRefFeePayer, then the URL you should contact is:

'https://test.ucas.com/xml-link/XmlLinkWS?operation=getRefFeePayer'.

See if this helps.

regards,

Pops V