cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Jobs running for more than 10 Lacs seconds.. yes u got it... 10 lacs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some strange issue. In our EBP System, there are 4 to 5 jobs which were running for more than 10 lacs seconds. The job was running for more than 12 days. I am surprised as during that time, 2 times a server was down for weekly off-line backup. I have checked the corresponding BGD Workprocess and all was in hold stataus.

Can anyone tell what could be the issue for this kind of status were jobs were running for more than 12 days and even weekly system shutdown also could not release the BGD workprocess and it was running for ages.

Thanks & Regards

Basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok to give you more details: I have checked and found one more job like this which was started on 21.09.2007 and running for more than 416.960 seconds.

~

I have checked the "Check status" from SM37 and the message is "1 jobs were checked and 0 jobs were corrected".

~

I have done the off-line back on 23.09.2007, so the system was shutdown and brought it up after the backup. But this wp was still active and running.

~

BGD wp is stopped for reason "stopped CPIC". Also BGD shows "Restart Yes", and "Termination 2"

~

My offline backup got completed at 5:45 and when checked the WP trace file, it has the below given error message:

M Sun Sep 23 05:46:18 2007

M *** WARNING => ThHdlReconnect: no reconnect in hold mode

~

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An offline backup from DB13 doesn´t stop the SAP system but it does stop the database only, workprocesses are going into reconnect mode trying until they can reconnect to the database when it´s started again.

There may occur synchronization problems with offline backups scheduled through DB13:

- DB13 creates a job (background) which starts brbackup with the options

- brbackup shuts down the database, the SAP system is no more up

- the background job is still running but it can´t write a status update since the database is not up

If other jobs are running at that time, they should "normally" reconnect but if they transfer data e. g. to another system (ALE, to a BW or CRM) while the database is shutting down, the job will never reach the "finished" state.

Because of those problems we switched our complete backup strategy (long ago) off DB13 and schedule externally.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I didn't checked that. I have checked the BGD wp and it was in hold RFC Status. I have deleted all these jobs which was running for more than 12 days, so now can not check the "Check status"

However, I want to know if SAP system is shut down for weekly off-line backup, why these BGD workprocess was still in hold rfc status ? if we stop and start sap, these BGD wp should get initialise and get the new PID.

Any idea what can be the reason ?

thakns and regards

basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Did u do the CHECK STATUS of the job ?

SM37 --> select the job --> from menu Job --> Check Status

Thanks

Prince Jose