cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we stop communication channel at run time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where in we have to stop the JMS Sender communication channel in case the Receiver System is down. Could you please let me know how to stop the sender communication channel at run time.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev !

Just another idea...maybe you can use a BPM to receive the JMS message, try to send it to the receiver system. If an exception arises (receiver system is down), you could send a response to the sender system so it could reschedule the message for later.

Other idea, could be set the retry times and retry interval in some way, to have XI retry to send the message until receiver system is up. I think this is just one of the benefits of having an integration broker..it can handle the receiver system breakdowns until it goes up again and syncronize it with the messages that were accumulated. If you were able to stop the sender comm channel when receiver is down, then you will have to manage the problem in the sender system instead in the integration broker.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both Praveen, for understanding my requirements correctly.

It looks like there is no such functionality vaaiable to automatically stop the channels at runtime.

Since we have to manually stop the channels this will result in message erroring out and then someone has to manually resubmit all the failed messages.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rajeev's requirement is totally different from what I see Matias and Murugan has referred to. Matias is referring to something which is related to start and stop of communication channel externally without using runtime work bench. Murugan is referring to scheduling the adapter i.e, start and stop of communication channel automatically over a period of time, which is not Sanjeev's requirement. Scheduling a communication channel can be done only if you know the timeline as to when to stop and start the channels.

What Sanjeev is looking for is to stop the sender communication channel when the receiver system goes down, so that sender communication channel need not process the sender request unnecessarily.

I don't think whether you have such a feature in current XI. What I would do is tag an alert rule to the particular receiver interface so that whenever there is a system failure the alert is triggered as a mail or sms and I would manually stop the sender communication channel. Once the receiver system is up, I would then make the sender communication channel active.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Like Praveen Kumar said, I dont think there is an out of the box solution for this. But if you want to stop the communication channel, you could do it using a BPM.This solution is just something that came to my mind. It would be resource intensive to implement this. But here goes...

Try to make the call to the Receiver System a synchronous call and have an exception branch in the block which has the synchronous step type. So if the Receiver System is down you would get an error in the Sync Step Type and it would go to the exception branch.Try to make a HTTP call from BPM to stop the communication channel. The URL for the HTTP call could be what Matias Denker suggested. This would stop the communication channel. This solution might however have two disadvantage that i foresee.

1) It might stop the communication channel not only for system down but for any kind of synchronous error.

2) Starting the communication channel has to again be a whole different process.

Thanks

Praveen M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Which SP are you in? If you have SP 18 or more, you have the option of starting and stopping the communication channel in the Communication Channel Monitoring page.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev !

This blog might help you:

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

Regards,

Matias

ps: please award points if helpful.