Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup of drive

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was told there is a procedure to cleanup the drive after a successful install of sap, this is my current config..

win2k3 server

c:\ == 150 gb

d:\150 gb

the D drive has Oracle on it and the drive is almost full at 138 gb, i was told there is a command to run to cleanup the drive as sap puts a lot of unnecessary files in the drive that are not needed for it to run, Is that true if yes then how do we cleanup ?

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can move datafiles from one drive to another drive via brtools:

PATH:

brtools ---> space management -

>Move datafile -

>4( datafile name ) ->cont->3 ( Move destination: enter the destination path ) --->cont.

Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is only one directory which may contain unnecessary files:

the oracle offline archive directory.

have a look in to the oracle forum an search for ARCHIVELOG OFF

peter

but this is only an option if you did not need to recover your database out of a former backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I guess, if it is space problem you can move datafile to other drive via brtools to get free space in current drive.

cleanup untility is there but I don't know how much space it will cleanup.

After installation you can delete installation dir. But I think you should not delete any other files except installation DIR.

Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You don't get much space in cleaning up, so better leave that option. Max you can delete Inst dir only.

Regards,

Hari.

PS :points are welcome.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar,

How do i do that.....? ir move the data file to other drive via brtools to get space in current drive.

The installation dir is already on another drive that has a ton of space..so not a problem...