cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR!!! SMD Agent Setup failed - Please Retry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the monitoring port.

At the SMD Connection Type step, I choose the "Lookup HTTP Connection via Message Server", in the next step "SMD Agent Monitoring Configuration" it requested an "HTTP Message Server Port" (<b>The Mesage Server HTTP port is 8100 + <SCS Instance Number></b>), after pressing the NEXT button it gave an Input Error: <i>P4 connection to SMD server failed</i>.

It doesn't have any sense because as I've said before the connection type is "Lookup HTTP Connection via Message Server" <b>not</b> "Direct P4 Connection via J2EE Dispatcher Node".

To continue the process I press OK to the error and then NEXT again...it doesn't show the error, so I continue with the installation. During the "Execute Service" it stopped at phase 12 "SMD Agent Setup": <i>P4 Connexion to SMD Server failed</i>.

Have any idea how I can solve this problem???

Best Regards,

MY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI. I have met the same problem.make sure ur HTTP message port are right.it is the SCS port ,not the instance port.Hope it will help u~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Even if you give "Lookup HTTP Connection via Message Server", it will also chk P4 connection to SMD since it has to register SMD AGENT in SMD SERVER....

So give the fully qualified domain name(sometimes the it takes short form also) and correct port number(recheck) in the screen where it asks for <b>The Mesage Server HTTP port is 8100 + <SCS Instance Number></b>. This will surely solve your problem...

Rewards points if it solves...

Ajay Kande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact this message has sense since even if you choose to connect using message server at the end a P4 connection is used. Indeed the message server allows to find the P4 service and then the P4 port used to connect the Diagnostics agent to the Diagnostics managing box.

This errors means that perhaps your managing box does not work. Please have a look to the checkprerequisite.log file to know the root exception. This file is located under C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\SMD\INST in case of Windows platforms or under /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SMD/INST in case of Unix platform.

However than may be, if something wrong occurs during check prerequisite step you have to fix the problem before going ahead before the problem will occur again during step step.

Best regards,

Celine.