cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OB45 Default Credit for *all* customers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in OB45, you can set a Risk Category and Credit limit amount for all newly created customers.

Problem is, this will create a record in KNKK even for customers who may have no reason for a credit limit.

For example: I want credit limits initially set for any Sold To.acct group 0001, but for Ship To (0002) or Plants (PLNT) I have no reason to create a credit limit.

So the question is: Why can't I OB45 for a specific Account group(s)? It's all or nothing, and this just doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone know of another to way to accomplish this, beside just manually creating FD32 for each new customer?

When I create a Sold to 0001 customer, I want it's risk category and credit limit amount defaulted to set values.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear mooseman,

let me divide your question into 2 parts:

1. In OB45, you can set a Risk Category and Credit limit amount for all newly created customers.

Problem is, this will create a record in KNKK even for customers who may have no reason for a credit limit.

1.A. it will create the credit limit for all the new customers created. In such case remove CCA for the new customer in XD02 and see. or go to OBD2 supress CCA and check.

2. So the question is: Why can't I OB45 for a specific Account group(s)? It's all or nothing, and this just doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone know of another to way to accomplish this, beside just manually creating FD32 for each new customer?

When I create a Sold to 0001 customer, I want it's risk category and credit limit amount defaulted to set values.

2.A. some times we have to fiddle the system, so please supress CCA for those customers you are not allowing any credit limit.

please check the system and come back with queries.

regads,

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Nov 17, 2010 6:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know of a solution to this ? Read thru this thread for the details.

I would like a way to default a Credit Management Risk Catagory when creating new customers, only for 0001 account group.

I was thinking there may be a way to accomplish this by creating a "non" credit mgmt risk category, and have the OB45 settings default this for all customers. But then each new customer which needed a "real" risk category will have to be manually adjusted, and this method will still create these "dummy" KNKK entries.

Perhaps I could do something with the Reconciliation Account, have account groups <> 0001 go to s different Recon acct which is set (in OKAF) as without Credit Management.

Any other ideas, anyone ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mooseman,

I have a similar issue, i have maintained 0.00 in OB45 for new accounts created and maintained the Credit Control area in the Billing tab of the customer master, but still when an order is created for new customer, it is ignoring the 0.00 credit limit and allow us to create an sales order.

the only time sales order is checked against the credit limit, when a credit master is created for the new customer.

hope we get some answers this time.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siv, it will still create a credit record.

Make sure there's entries in OB45 for Risk Category and and amount.

Now VA01 account group 0002, or PLNT or anything else besides 0001. Enter just the required data for that account group.

Now SE16 on table KNKK and, Voila ! there's a credit record created, based on the values in OB45. Account group makes no difference.

So how can I make it default the OB45 values based only on account group 0001

I'm on ECC6.0, although I don't this that matters. I see the same behaviour on a 45b system as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OB45 you will give default credit limit and risk category.this is applicable to all newly created customers with account group 0001. But you need to assign the credit control area in XD01 sales area view in billing tab.

But when you are creating Shipt to party CMR you will not get Billing tab. so you cant able to assign credit control area to customers. because you will not assign any credit control area for ship to party it will not take any default credit limit and risk category. similarly in other cases also.