cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS truncates data in response column

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was using a custom BAPI in my BLS transaction. Recently the BAPI is modified to increase the width of one of the response tables' column to 20 characters from 10 characters.

The problem is that it still truncates the data to 10 chars. I have refreshed the JCO Interface by regenerating 'Response/Request Documents' but no difference.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glen,

What is the xpath in the ResponseXML that points to the location of the data that you see being truncated? It should be an xml node and the JCO action block shouldn't be chopping it off for any reason. Are you sure that your custom bapi changes have been committed properly for xMII to receive the new results?

What version and build number of xMII are you running?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

I used a trace for the ResponseXML within the transaction. The data is chopped-off there too. Everything else is returning as usual.

Yes, I am seeing the correct results by executing the BAPI from within SAP with the same userlogin I use for xMII

The xMII version I am using is 11.5 SR3

Thanks,

Glen

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is some server side caching you could try clearing: http://localhost/Lighthammer/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset

This would impact the Request/Response schemas if you changed them after xMII had cached them into memory.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow..!! That solved problem. Thanks.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Basically xMII is not expecting the backend SAP system to have changing Request/Response schemas for the bapis, at least not in a production environment.

So when a BAPI is called the first time (after a ServletExec initialization) by a JCO block it gets both schemas and caches them into memory, but every subsequent time the same BAPI is called it just connects and executes the request.

During development, when you know a change like yours has been implemented you can hit that particular URL to unload the memory and have it renew the cache the next time the BAPI's are requested.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (0)