cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

The Production Version which has BOM information in R/3 lets say has 25 components but only 4/5 are critical components and which require detailed planning in APO PPDS, how do we normally create the PPDS PPMs?

1) I cannot use the existing Production Version as I do not want all the components of the BOM.

2) If I create multiple Production versions( Full BOM and a simpler BOM so as to generate PPDS PPMS) or simpler BOMs in R/3 to create these simplified PPDS PPMs?

Isnt this duplicating master data in R/3?

Appreciate your help.

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun -

The components that you want to plan in APO shud be assigned MRP Type <b>X0</b> and the components that you want to plan in R/3 shud be MRP type <b>PD</b>.

When you transfer <b>Bills and routing</b> from R/3 to APO the first time, PP/DS PPMs are created.

In regards to you creating multiple production versions, for each production version there will be a separate PP/DS PPM created.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Suresh has mentioned I would like to add my 2 cents.

Only those components that are part of an active integration model will be transferred to APO as input components of the PPM. In APO the Planned and Production Orders will thus have only a set of products/components which are being planned in APO (that's why you send them to APO in the first place). The same Production Order on R/3 side will explode the BOM and create dependent requirement for all the components.

Then you run MRP for the components which are not planned in APO assuming you have maintained suitable MRP Types.

In the same way only those Operations having Control Key marked as Scheduling Relevant AND corresponding workcenters part of an Active Integration Model AND operation duration at least 1 second or more are transferred to APO in PPM.

So like components these operations on the specific set of Resources / Work Centers are planned and scheduled in APO. In R/3 Production Order the Operation durations that are Planned in APO keep the APO schedule. Remaining other operations will consume the workcenter duration in R/3 based on the routing.

Thanks,

Somnath