cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass creation of users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

We are trying to create about 600 users in an SAP system (ECC 6.0), each user with varying defaults, parameters,roles, etc. I understand one can make use of SECATT to achieve this. The question is how do we go about this? I imagine this is not a new scneario so i will appreciate if anyone can give us a step-by-step guide on how to go about this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akin,

You can do this by using SU10. Create excel file with all the detail, you give this in SU10, it will create all the req. users and get back to you with temp. password.

Hope this help you,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari.

I know about SU10 but how do you include the initial password for the users using this method?

Regards

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akin,

when you execute SU10 and create the users, every user is getting a initial password generated by SAP. Very cryptic, like this one:

LbSKzYmLm)o#+nsrk%[B{A6&w#EXMh<%K2dGT4g7

The password is written in the log that you get after executing SU10.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, system will automatically generate one initial password. I guess you can even give some restrictions to this p/w type as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari,

Found it.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use SCAT to create multiple users. Please follow the instructions below to create users using this:

<b>1 Recording a test case</b>

1.1 To record a test case, call Transaction SCAT and enter test case Zuser_creat.

Do not choose Enter.

Choose Test Case &#8594; Record Transaction. Enter Transaction SU01, and choose Record/Enter.

The system runs Transaction SU01.

Enter the user name TESTZ and choose Create.

Enter the user’s title first name ZEBRA and the last name TEST.

Select the Logon data tab, enter init as the initial password, and repeat the password, profile select sap_all then choose Save.

Go back a screen and

In the dialog box displayed, select End recording.

A message is displayed stating that the recording has ended.

Enter the test case title User maintenance.

In the field Component, enter BC-SEC-USR.

Save the test case.

In the field package class, enter $TMP.

Choose Save to save the attributes.

To save the test case functions, go back.

<b>2 Entering parameters for a test case</b>

2.1 To define parameters for a test case, call Transaction SCAT.

Enter the test case name Zuser_creat.

Select Functions and choose Change.

Double-click on TCD.

Then double-click on program SAPLSUU5 screen 0050. (first appearance of this program)

The first screen of Transaction SU01 is displayed. (If you backed out, enter the procedure name again and double-click on TCD.)

Double-click on the user name field. In the field Param. name, enter an "&", and choose Copy/Enter.

Choose Next screen and double-click the last name. In the field Param. name, enter an "&" and choose Copy/Enter.

Go back until the Save folder appears, and choose Save.

<b>3 Creating and using an external variant for the test case</b>

3.1 To export the default parameters into a frontend file, in the test case, select Goto &#8594; Variants &#8594; Export Default.

Note: The default file name is <the name of your test case>.txt. Do not change the default values.

3.2 Open the file, with excel and edit and add another couple of user, and save the text file

3.3 To execute the test case using the external variant from file, from the initial CATT screen, enter the test case name and choose Execute.

In the field Variants, select External from file and choose Choose. Select the file created above, and choose Open. Under Processing mode, select Errors, and choose Execute.

Note: When you use this method, the file must be imported each time the test case is executed (file remains only on PC).

Hope this helps. Please award points if helpful.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Thanks for your efforts.

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay,

I tried following this procedure . I can create a test case, but i cannot proceed further than that because the <i>record transaction</i> option in the drop-down is greyed out.

Additional inputs will be appreciated, please.

(Component version is ECC 6.0)

Regards.