Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME54 - Restrict by purchase org and release code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement that wants to allow one user to have multiple plants and for one for each one a different release code. Well release codes are controlled by auth M_EINK_FRG and plant is controlled by M_BANF_WRK. Because plant and release code is not in the same auth if I give multiple plants it will allow the greatest release code for all plants using M_EINK_FRG. Has anyone every figured out how to restrict different plants to unique release codes within one user. Did you use some sort of custom auth or user exit?

Our ideal situation would be able to restrict by purchase org but unfortunately it appears that the tcode ME54 does not call the auth M_BANF_EKO so we cannot restrict by purchase orgs. Has anyone thought of a way to get around this.

Thanks,

Mary

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution I have always seen is to make release codes unique for every plant!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe what you want to achieve may be done through the PO release strategy - since PO releases are based upon the release code and the strategy. A PO for a certain purchase org could be defined for a certain set of release codes.