cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersession

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is product interchangebality function is available in sap R/3.I know it will be possible in apo.Then what are all the conditions required for Supersession in sap r/3 to transfer directly to apo.I know that only usage probablity can be maintained in r/3.In that we can maintain only altenate components not at product level.

Can anybody of u explain me in detail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

If u create the Super Session Chain or FFF Class in the transaction /incmd/ui then automatically the group of products will be considered for I/C functionality during the planning run.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amol chavan,

what u told regarding parts exchange function will work in R/3. But how it will works in APO depends on practical work we have to do. lets wait and see. I will also try that one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

I am stuck in same scenario. As what i am able to find is that what you have mentioned in R/3 as an alternate items are treated as Interchangble parts with usage probalility. Correct me if i am wrong.

Wher ther is predessor and successor parts with direction of usability, condition of using the stock of predessor part to the validity date and the direction of change that is full or forward only..

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva,

I will look the details , what u given me the Trx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

No I haven't worked with this concept but have a look at the transaction /SAPAPO/RBA04.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiv,

Yes rule maintainance will impact on product interchangebility. do u have any idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Do u mean by rule maintenance ?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva,

Is rule maintenance is required for Product interchangebility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva,

can u send me the procedure How to implement the product interchangebility in snp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I'm working on APO 4.0 in which SNP supports complete IC functionality.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I am working in 4.7c. I also tried a lot to find. But i can"t find it.Or else i will post in oss. I tried before that path what u send it. No use .I have one more question.Does snp will support Full I/C functionality .Do u have any idea on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I read the document from the link below and not to trace the path mentioned.

I'm working in 4.6B and document says 4.6B is sufficient to implement. If u have higher veresion pls check it.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/43/21a938dc191565e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Activities

To maintain the supersession chains, follow the menu path: Logistics ® Central Functions ® Engineering ® Interchangeability of Parts ® Interchangeability of Parts ® Maintain.

By choosing Material Interchangeability and Change -> Display, you access the screen Display Parts Interchangeability.

Implementation Considerations

If you execute the availability check for one plant only, ERP with SAP for Automotive (as of Automotive system 2.0) with a basis of the R/3 System 4.6B is sufficient. For planning materials in several plants and for alternative products, the rules-based ATP check from APO is quicker and its functions are better suited to the task.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva,

can u follow the link, there is lot of confusion whether the supersession can me maintained in materila master. But i don"t know where we have to apply. can u throw me an idea

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/43/21a938dc191565e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva prakash,

the vb11 trx is for material determination. Now i am working in practical application that must suite from r/3 to apo.I have an idea that interchangeability does not work in R/3. It will work in apo.What I am doing is, i am applying the concept of usage probability and alternate bom in r/3.It doesn't work at product level , it will work only in component level only.But when i saw the data in help.sap.com. , I am confusuing whether the below flow is avilabale or not in R/3. But i can"t find in R/3. please check it and reply me soon.

SAP overview tree, choose Logistics ® Central Functions ® Engineering ® Interchangeability of Parts ® Interchangeability of Parts ® Maintain

The Maintain Parts Interchangeability screen appears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I don't have much idea abt the product interchangeability function in R/3.

But check out the transaction VB11. It may have some relation with the supersession in R/3 side.

Thanks,

Siva.