cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tableview to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I wanted to upload the tableview data into excel in my webdynpro ABAP. Would appreciate if you could help me in this.

Thanks,

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there is a FM called WS_DOWNLOAD, thru which we can download the itab data into an excel. It is working fine as far as its executed in SE38. If I make the same code in an action handler of Webdynpro ABAP, its not working and throwing no_batch error. Please let me know how can I fix it.

Thanks,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, David,

Did you consider using ALV for this? THE SALV_WD_TABLE component has it implemented through various interfaces and classes (such as CL_SALV_WD_RESULT_DATA_TABLE and CL_SALV_WD_EXPORT_C8R). I think it's too complicated to achieve this result.

But, if I needed to do it, I'd try something like this:

1. Gather all columns of your table;

2. Read all elements of the context that obey to any filter criteria present in the table;

3. Sort data according to any sort criteria applied to the table;

4. Dynamically, I would create a.) an XML or b.) a CSV in a STRING variable, according to the columns that are present in the table, element by element;

5. Convert the STRING to XSTRING, and "export" it with the according to the MIME type (have a look at my answer in .

Anyway, if you decide to go through this path, I wish you good luck

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In SE38 you are within a SAPGUI envirnonment and FM WS_DOWNLOAD needs this environment; it directly communicates with the SAPGUI components running on your local PC. In WDA you are in a browser thus having no such environment. See also my other replies in this thread.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mrutyun,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm implementing this in WEBDYNPRO ABAP, not in java. Please give me the solution in Webdynpro ABAP, and I dont want to use ALVs.

Thanks,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

anybody got chance to look into my request?

Thanks,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David!

What exactly is your challenge?

Do you want to upload something from your PC to WDA or do you want to download something from your WDA to your PC?

However, to implement up/download features of files in your WDA application you can use the following UIElements:

FileDownload - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/09/a5884121a41c09e10000000a155106/content.htm

FileUpload - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont want to upload/download a file. I wanted to export my table view data to an excel sheet thru webdynpro application without using ALVs.

Thanks,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Could you get the solution of your problem ?? Because I am facing the same problem !

Rgds

Sukanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David!

As far as I know there is no feature out-of-the-box to download WDA table contents to Excel. I think you have to solve this by development. Use the UIElement FileDownload and then download you table as CSV file to the client PC.

Not the solution you need?

Regards,

Volker