cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD file system error for dialog instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the file system browser in SMD SOLMAN4.0 SP12. I have an ABAP + Java stack component with a Central Instance on one server and a Dialog Instance on another server. I run the setup wizard successfully with the correct installation paths for both the CI and the Dialog Instance, (it will error out if you don't have the correct installation path set during this check), but I get an error in both the SMD log and the File System browser for one of my dialog instances.

The path of the central instance is D:/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00, while the path of the dialog instance is D:/usr/sap/<SID>/D00; however the file system browser still looks to D:/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00 for the dialog instance install directory and gives an error because it can't find the path because the path doesn't exist!

I believe that this is set during the setup wizard when it asks for installation directory.

I have another instance that I had previously set to D:/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance> and changed to D:/usr/sap/<SID>/ and I am finding that it is not taking affect everywhere immediately. Is there a job that runs on the SolMan system that will clear the previous entry?

Message was edited by:

David Labuda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I believe that this is set during the setup wizard

> when it asks for installation directory.

>

> I have another instance that I had previously set to

> D:/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance> and changed to

> D:/usr/sap/<SID>/ and I am finding that it is not

> taking affect everywhere immediately. Is there a job

> that runs on the SolMan system that will clear the

> previous entry?

>

> Message was edited by:

> David Labuda

I solved this by removing the product from the landscape in SMD. From SMD: Diagnostics Administration -> Diagnostics System -> Landscape Management.

Selected the product (SID) and deleted it. I then re-ran the setup wizard from SMD and set the installation path to D:/usr/sap/<SID>/

However, this didn't seem to work with the seperate dialog instance. It still shows the main instance installation directory.

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What is the patch level of your LMService SP12?

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

My LM Service patch level is 0. If I upgrade the patch level of LMService, do I have to upgrade my agents as well?

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

No, the Agents will be automatically updated when you will disable maintenance mode.

I recommend you to apply SP!2 patch 4.

Frederic