cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Employee Search integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed some ABAP WebDynpro applications and now I want to integrate them with the MSS team viewer (Employee search) iView i.e. when an employee link in the team viewer is clicked, the pernr of the selected employee should pass to my iView.

Can someone suggest me how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance. Will reward points for gunuine answer.

Regards

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get the eventing between the employee search iView and an iView build in the Visual Composer working, but I need the name of the parameter.

The note 1112733 doesn't give the name of the parameter. I have tried some test applications in the portal but I wasn't very succesfull.

Does anyone know the correct name of the parameter which I can use in the Visual Composer? Has anyone used the Visual Composer in combination with the Employee search iView?

Thanks in advance,

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I'm not able to get the connection between the teamviewer and an AWD component. I used the settings as described in note 1112733:

Event Namespace: urn:com.sap.mss.employeesearch

Event-Name: selection_changed

I used a standard portalpage as described in the note

We also have SP12 installed. Is this enough, or do I need to do something else. If I look at the source code of the teamviewer (when running the application) I see nothing about the above mentioned event in the source code.

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

The way I got the teamviewer to comminucate with my WDA application is thru portal eventing. This is clearly described in the "Web Dynpro for ABAP" documentaion. The two main things I had to do was to first register the WDA application for the portal event SELECTION_CHANGED using the SUBSCRIBE_EVENT methond and second, is to read the portal event parameters using the GET_STRING method.

Cheers,

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution will be delivered on the ECC6 SP12.

SAP just release a note to correct this.SAP Note: 1112733. It still in German and soon will be translated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but now that SPS12 has been released we thought we would try out the MSS Employee Search integration as per note 1112733.

We built a new WDA application that subscribes to the event name "selection_changed" as per the note, and created an iView for it in EP7. The new WDA iView was added to a portal page along with the standard MSS Employee Search and some other standard MSS (WDJ) iViews.

The good news is that is works - kind of......

When you click on an employee in the Employee Search it fires the event, and our new iview gets updated.

The problem is, when the page first opens all of the WDJ iViews already display data for an employee, but our WDA iView is empty until the user clicks on an employee.

It would appear that there is some other event being fired when the Employee Search is initialised that is updating the other WDJ iViews, but our WDA iView is not detecting it.

We don't have NWDI installed, so looking at the java code for the Employee Search is not an option.

Has anyone looked at the java code behind the MSS Employee Search Webdynpro to see how the eventing works?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am also doing the same thing.but the control is not going to the event handeler method.and it is not subscribing to the event also i guess.

below is the code i have written in the View of my component WDOINIT.

l_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

l_portal_manager = l_api_component->get_portal_manager( ).

DATA l_wd_view TYPE REF TO if_wd_view_controller.

l_wd_view ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

CALL METHOD l_portal_manager->subscribe_event

EXPORTING

portal_event_namespace = 'urn:com.sap.mss.employeesearch'

portal_event_name = 'SELECTION_CHANGED'"'selection_changed'

view = l_wd_view

action = 'SUBSCRIBE_TO_EVENT'.

and the event handeler code is :-

method ONACTIONSUBSCRIBE_TO_EVENT .

DATA: evt_name TYPE string.

DATA lo_nd_gc_event_data TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

DATA lo_el_gc_event_data TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

*DATA ls_gc_event_data TYPE wd_this->element_gc_event_data.

DATA lv_event_string TYPE string.

evt_name = wdevent->get_string( name = 'PORTAL_EVENT_NAME' ).

IF evt_name = 'selection_changed'.

lv_event_string = wdevent->get_string( name = 'PORTAL_EVENT_PARAMETER' ).

• get single attribute

*lo_el_gc_event_data->set_attribute(

*EXPORTING

*name = `EVENT_STRING`

*value = 'handled' ).

ENDIF.

endmethod.

I don't know why it is not triggering the handeller method.

Can you please help me by the steps how you did this.

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

SAP just release a note to correct this..

SAP Note: 1112733

It still in German and soon will be translated..

The solution will be delivered on the ECC6 SP12 that should be available on March, 2008.

It comprises modification on the WD and on the Event that will be triggered.

Thanks for all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

It is in reply to an SAP message I have raised that SAP has come up to provide a solution to this problem.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WDA,

I´m still trying to find a solution and today I will make some tests with the ABAPer here (because I´m HCM Consultant).

Well, I found a information that saids that the integration between the Employee Search and any other WD ABAP iView is not supported since the Employee Search iViews doesn´t trigger any event for the Portal Session. The communication between the standards WD Java iViews are made internally.

But I don´t give up :D. I will make some tests today and who knows if works!!! I let you know...

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I am happy to know that you are also trying to achieve this. Hope this works.

I am also trying with some different alternative. I will inform you if I find out the solution or if you are able to crack it please let me know.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI WDA,

Did you found any news about your issue? We are having the same situation here...

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

No, still I am looking for the solution. Please do let me know if you know the solution. Will rewards points for it.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I think there is no straight way of passing emp no to your webdynpro application from teamviewer on the portal. I see links under team viewer eg. General information and Personnel Development, where you will see a new window altogether with Direct Reporting employees and Employee in Org Unit. When you click on emp name or number in the table view, you will see the employee information displayed in the same screen. Here selected emp number to the view (lets say a service Request Promotion) gets passed dynamically. And package related to these ISRs is QISR. Ofcourse, its no way related to your question, but still i want to give you an idea like how pernr information passed to iview. I had the same problem before with one of my bsps, so i did manage to display Direct emp information in a drop down, when Manager selects emp, i will display emp information in a layout. See, if this solution works for you.

Also pl check PAOC_TIM_* packages, this may help you with your application.

cheers

krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Thanks for your reply.

When we click on a link in the team viewer it actually triggers an event (portal event). In our WebDynpro code we need to subscribe to that event and then fetch the data being passed from the team viewer. I have achieved this functionality using Portal components but I don't know (exactly) how it is to be achieved in WebDynpro ABAP and that is where I am struggling.

Cheers

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there no one who can suggest me some solution??

Regards

Mukesh

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi WDA,

Just a thing to try: If the other iView throws a portal event, you can subscribe to it using the IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION interface in your WD component.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. At least you have replied otherwise it seems that no one is having idea of how to do this.

I have created WebDynpro ABAP iView and it works fine. The only problem is I am not able to fetch the pernr selected in the employee search iview. May be the event name & namespace name are incorrect. Below is the code I am using to subscribe to portal event. Please suggest.

METHOD wddoinit .

DATA l_api_component TYPE REF TO if_wd_component.

DATA l_portal_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_portal_integration.

l_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

l_portal_manager = l_api_component->get_portal_manager( ).

DATA l_wd_view TYPE REF TO if_wd_view_controller.

l_wd_view ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

CALL METHOD l_portal_manager->subscribe_event

EXPORTING

portal_event_namespace = 'urn:com.sap.pct.hcm.orgmanagement:CurrentObject'

portal_event_name = 'objectChanged'

view = l_wd_view

action = 'SUBSCRIBE_TO_EVENT'

ENDMETHOD.

Can you suggest me what else is to be done here.

Regards

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello WDA,

I suppose the action "SUBSCRIBE_TO_EVENT" exists on your view and doesn't get called if you set a breakpoint there.

Probably, as you said, the namespace or event name is wrong. I am afraid, I can't help with that one.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes, you are right. The action doesn't get called.

In one of my previous project I have used the same event & namespace name and I was able to fetch the selected pernr using portal component. That time we were in EP6 and SAP had "Team Viewer" which has been replaced with "Employee Search" in EP7 and currently we are in EP7. I am not able to understand what's going wrong.

I am getting very eager to crack this issue.

But I am really very surprised to find that no one knows the answer to this.

Regards

WDA

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello WDA,

Probably, the name of the event has changed. Have you checked the docu at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ee/63ef41925b2135e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ee/63ef41925b2135e10000000a1550b0/content.htm</a>. Probably, it contains some useful information that could help you solve the problem.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have already gone through this link but it doesn't contain any information about the event name etc. I don't know where to find more information.

Regards

WDA

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi WDA,

How about this one:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/42/f41dce8c6a1aa2e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Perhaps, it's a starting point.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Even this doesn't give details of what can be helpful to me.

Regards

WDA

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi WDA,

Wished I could help. I saw that you posted the same question in the HCM and the sap fans forum. Perhaps someone there can help you.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry buddy, the urls you have specified contains irrelevant information.

Thanks

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please suggest me some solution to the problem I have mentioned here?

Will reward points.

Regards

Mukesh