Did you mean: 

SAP R3 Copy from PRD to QA Oracle 10.2.0.2

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Both systems are:

SAP: 46C

Database: Oracle 10.2.0.2

Platform: AIX5 64bit

I have just recently upgraded my database from 9i to 10g. I am now needing to do a copy from the production system to the QA system. I have been using the backup/restore method from 'SAP R/3 Homogeneious System Copy 4.6C SR2' manual.

I run 'R3COPY' to create the 'CONTROL.SQL' file on the production system.

Then on the QA system I run 'R3SETUP' using a modified 'DBR3CP.R3S' file. This file is modified as per note 389530, section 6 'ORACLE R3COPY' step 'Copy to an existing system'.

At the point where R3SETUP stops for me to do the database copy, I restore using the backup from the production system.

On the QA system I restore the backup taken from the production system.

I then run R3COPY on the QA system to create the new control files.

I then restart R3SETUP and it runs to completion.

After all that my question is can I use the same procedure for Oracle 10g?

My other question is that since they have replaced the R3COPY utility with the orabrcopy utility, how do I create the new control files on the QA system?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same procedure applied on Oarcle 10g compared to 9i.

you can check the following doc to learn how to fdo this:

http://www.basisconsultant.com/docs/handbooks/homcopyv1.pdf

0 Kudos

Thank you Eric for the documentation. I can then assume that I run the R3SETUP utility as before with the modified DBR3CP.R3S file. Is that correct?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does your QA system already exists? If so, I do not see why you need to run R3SETUP.

please clarify

0 Kudos

Yes, my QA already exists.

I have always used the R3SETUP as per note 389530. I thought that you had to run R3SETUP after the restore to get the database users and passwords set correctly. For example, OPS$<SID>ADM, after the restore isn't the useid the one set up in the source system and so you have to create one for the target system?

R3SETUP with DBR3CP.R3S has the steps to perform these tasks, correct?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never used R3SETUP in an homogeneous system copy. there are other ways of resetting passwords and creating OPS$.

the link I provided does this for you.

I'm not saying the running R3SETUP with DBR3CP.R3S is not the best way, just saying that this was never done by myself and that my method wtill works in Oracle 10g.

0 Kudos

Thank you again. I will give your procedure a try.

I have awarded points.

Ron

Answers (0)