Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplifying installation process?

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I need to create several users on each terminal we are using. Over time this is a quite timeconsuming process. Is there a way to automate this process in MI?

Regs

Øyvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no way you can automate the process of creating new users on the MI Client. May be you can think of using Setup Package scenario described there http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/1eb142a174c811e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

but I am already using a setup package for multiple users. However, I need to create each user and synchronize the application as well (and finally restart).

Generally, I am looking for a way to simplify the installation process of MI and the application (using MI 2.5, SP 14, patch 07). Today my installation process is like this: synchronize framework, install DB2, restart, install MI client, restart, synchronize application, restart, and then finally I can start the application. Normally I can not expect users to do this process by themselves and it is very time consuming. So when a pda crashes we have a problem (happens now and again). Is this a problem everyone has or is it just me?

Best regards

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am a bit confused here. The introduction of setup package was done mainly to ease this process of installing, restart, installing and so on. Please refer to link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/00/fe4a4259b4be30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm and see chapter Creating Setup Packages for Multiple Devices. Using the entire process of creating an user on the client, assing DB2e, restart, assigning app, and finally receiving data for the app can all be done by the admin and then roll out the image. The end user just logs in and everything is ready for him to start his work.

BTW please use the latest SP(may be SP19 or 20) and not SP14 which is quite old and moreover setup package is supported only from SP15 and above.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I misunderstood what you meant by setup package! But now I see. That would definitively ease the installation process!

By the way, is it so that the MI server and MI client must use the same SP number? I can not use SP 19 for client and SP 14 for server, I have to upgrade both of them?

Regs

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MI Client SP level should be less or equal to the SP level on the MI Server. So you can have SP19 Server and SP18 or 19 client but not the other way round. Yes you have to upgrade both of them.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick answering!

That will help!

Best regards

Øyvind

Answers (0)