cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category entry in TVPT table not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to create a delivery Item category in IMG .

It gives an error with message:" Item category entry in TVPT table not defined"

By going to se11/16 I checked the TVPT table but no such entries are required

Help required

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means that you have not defined Item Category for the item, to be proposed in Order. Since Item Category in Sales Doc is determined by Sales Document Type + Item Category group, so you need to maintain this combination in VOV4 which may be missing since you have made a customised document.

Hope this will clarify your doubt and help you resolving your query.

Reward suitable points.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The error has occured because you haven't created the item category in the sales document. Follow the path SPRO -> Sales & Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Document -> Sales Document Item -> Define Item Category. After you create the item category here try to create the delivery item category it should work.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

0 Kudos

Hi

Item category is determined by the sales document you are using + item category group from the material and usage + higher level item category.

eg: sales document type OR+ item category NORM + usage of that material + higher level item category = default item category TAN.

See in spro whether this combination. if not maintain accordingly. then you will not get this error.

hope this solves,

regards,

preetham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

i think you are not assined your item catrgory in determination in deliveries.

this will do in 0184 here assign delivery type,item group,item usage,tiem category,item category.

do this and you will not get error while you doing

hope this will helps you

Prem

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

What is ur delivery document type? Is it std LF?

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery document type is customized. But item category is created irrespective of delivery type initially

Regards