cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take backup using DB13 if legato backup software is installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have Oracle 10g as backend for database & Legato Backup Software has been installed on the server. Could anyone please let me know that if i use DB13 for taking online & offline backups how would it integrate with the Legato Backup Software & is there any special licences required for integration with SAP. Hoping to get a reply soon...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need a SAP agent after you install Legato. this agent is costly but will integrate usage of brbackup/brarchive and brrestore

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No special license necessary.

DB13 uses the "br*tools", you need to have installed the "SAP R/3 on Oracle" package from Legato in order to be able to do backups from DB13.

All documentation to set that up including installation documentation for the package can be found at

http://powerlink.emc.com

You (or your Legato administrator) will need a logon there.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

I dont have a logon for the powerlink.emc.com site & the person who has configured the Legato is out of town & is not rechable on his cell. So not sure whether he also has a logon there. Is there any other site where i can get the documentation as we need to get it done as quickly as possible. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m sorry, no.

Legato/EMC has the actual documentation only on that site.

You may call the EMC support if you know your site number, they may send you the documentation.

--

Markus