cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV import from SWCV DEV to SWCV Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well i have the problem in understanding SWCV. We have a SC on DEV XI in which are three SWCV: DEV, Test and Prod. well pod should be exported and imported in Prod XI.

Now because we are ready with development we want to test the scenarios and therefore are thinking about to just copy the Namespaces and objects from one SWCV DEV to SWCV Test. I guess this will work with no problem but when we run the scenarios how to tell XI to just use the Object of the Namespaces in SWCV Test?! The objects in DEV are also active so what to do?!

br Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey man,

r u telling that in ur XI development server, u r having 3 SWCV's viz. DEV,Test and Prod???

And u r already having some scenario in Dev SWCV now u waana test it???

if thats the case then....i dont think ..<b>DEV,Test and Prod</b> these are the 3 diffrent instances of xi server.....these 3 are only simple SWCV's...and u can test ur scenarios in development SWCv itself.... no need to copy namespace to Test SWCV.....

Actually its not clear from ur question...

But its not advisable to have Dev,QA and Prod to be in the same server....

since there are many disadvantages in that.....

1)same server so...if server crashes then QA and DEV wikk also crash..

2) same database...so in case some problem with database....Qa and Prod can't access....

Regards

Biplab

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ur landscape has Dev, QA, Prod, that means u have three XI instances of XI. In that case from dev to QA, u have to transport the XI objects.

In the same XI environment and same server, it is not a usual practice to use it as dev, QA and Prod. So there is no point in copying the objects in other namespaces.

Still if u want to do this then while copying, change the name of objects. Then u have to configure the ID part again and ur scenario will run separately. But this doesnt sound a useful solution in any landscape.

Regards,

Prateek