cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modules in adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to add validation in an adapter ? If we want a bad message not to enter in XI, can we use modules ? I mean, we define a Java class which validate the input file.

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>> is it possible to add validation in an adapter ? </i>

Yes it is very much possible

<i>>>>If we want a bad message not to enter in XI, can we use modules ? I mean, we define a Java class which validate the input file.</i>

yes, by writing a EJB module and deploying it in the J2EE engine you can achieve this.

But what are u validating, if you validating the input, i think you can do it without EJB, but in case you are validating the runtime payload then you can use EJB module

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

What is an EJB module ? Can we put java coding in ?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

EJB's are Enterprise Java Beans.Yes, we put Java code into it.

Thanks

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot!

You can use the "module processor" for doing validation of your inbound message. Since this one is only available on Adapter Engine based Adapters you cannot use

e.g. the IDOC Adapter / Plain HTTP Adapter for that.

You will have to program your own Module (=Enterprise Java Bean) which you

add to your adapers module chain in the communication channel.

Some JAVA Programming and some hurdles to be taken but finally it will work.

We have done validation in the File-Adapter / SOAP Adapter / Mail Adapter.

However: Referencing to the latest news concerning upcoming new PI 7.1 validation of inbound messages will be available out of the box then! (Maybe you can wait some time for this

Best regards,

Andi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is just an example

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Modules to do (almost) everything and hence you can also validate the Message Payload. But to be within the concepts of XI, you should consider a few questions:

How do you know what XML Schema you have to use for validation? As far as I know there is no way of obtaining a Schema that is imported into XI as external definition or a XSD that is representing a message type in a Module dynamically.

How do you react if validation fails? It is pretty tricky to react in a way that can easily be monitored in the 'usual' XI monitoring landscape.

If you are willing to live with these (and probably some more) restrictions, you can go ahead and try to write a module that does validation of the message. You will still face some technical implementation issues, but I believe it should be possible to solve them.

regards,

Peter