cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Problem: ABAP-RFC and JCO client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am a java developer in trouble with a ABAP/RFC, and I dont have idea whoe lese ask for help

This is the situation:

In order to send a "candidates resume" (curriculum) in to SAP,

the ABAP developers made for me a RFC which uses the transaction PB10 (applicant master data).

The rFC when tested in the SAP GUI works fine.

I wrote a java client which calls the RFC, send the parameters and expect the results.

This client uses JCO to access SAP.

But, from the java client the RFC works PARTIALLY.

I mean, it creates the applicant, fills his name, address (infotypes 002,006,001)

but doesnt fill the education a qualifications (infotypes 22 and 24).

I am trying to figure why.

Some of the internal ABAP errors code that we get are:

DC -006

PA -054

5A -135

Also I get this message:

"Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised"

Please, I am a java-per lost in the SAP land.

Thanks in advance by any help!!!

PD: I could sent you the ABAP code of the RFC or the java code of the client if necessary.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

the code would be helpfull. Is the transaction PB10 filled via a Batch Input? If yes try to switch on the option SAPGUI as I've described in my Weblog <a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2005/02/27/suppressing-unwanted-sap-gui-screens-from-bapirfc-when-calling-them-from-external-system-in-background-150-solution-2 unwanted SAP GUI screens from BAPI/RFC when calling them from external system in background</a>. Also have a look at <a href="/people/ajay.kumar/blog/2005/02/25/suppressing-unwanted-sap-gui-screens-from-bapirfc-when-calling-them-from-external-system-in-background133 unwanted SAP GUI screens from BAPI/RFC when calling them from external system in background</a>.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting Gregor!!

I am going to try this solution and tell you what I get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting difficulties implementing this solution, but as soon as I get it working, I wil lcome back a post my results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, actaully....I am trying to make it work but, I have some questions.

Example:

Its possible to use the flag "use_sapgui", without using JCO server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved!!!

Tehre was no necessary to implement the JCO server. ITs an very interesing solution, but for the emantime, I just use thE FOLLOWING LINE:

jcoConnection.setSapGui(1);

This set the "use_SAPGUI" propertie.

Thanks very mcuh!!

Answers (0)